Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2017, 01:42 AM

Default US Mags wheels

Looking for some feedback on anyone using US Mag wheels. Never have used them but like the price for just a driver
Old 09-29-2017, 11:56 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goob8869 View Post
Looking for some feedback on anyone using US Mag wheels. Never have used them but like the price for just a driver
Never heard of her.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 09-29-2017, 02:21 PM

I don't have any info on them, but did price them out vs Circle Racing. The US Mag wheel I was looking at was 3x more than the Circle Racing wheel was. They were both similar in design.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
I don't have any info on them, but did price them out vs Circle Racing. The US Mag wheel I was looking at was 3x more than the Circle Racing wheel was. They were both similar in design.
They have multiple styles of wheels. I know like in a Pontiac Rally II style wheel, for example, they do have a multi-piece billet wheel for over $400 a piece, definitely pricey. However they have a nearly identical looking 1 piece cast wheel for about $180 a piece... and they're a gorgeous looking wheel.

I was actually just on the US Mags site this morning. They've definitely been growing pretty quickly in the hotrod world, I've been seeing them a lot lately. They do make a lot of good looking wheels, and their 1 piece wheels are very affordable. I'm looking to use them on some of my non-race applications, like my 63 Tbird.
82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbellshotrods View Post
They have multiple styles of wheels. I know like in a Pontiac Rally II style wheel, for example, they do have a multi-piece billet wheel for over $400 a piece, definitely pricey. However they have a nearly identical looking 1 piece cast wheel for about $180 a piece... and they're a gorgeous looking wheel.

I was actually just on the US Mags site this morning. They've definitely been growing pretty quickly in the hotrod world, I've been seeing them a lot lately. They do make a lot of good looking wheels, and their 1 piece wheels are very affordable. I'm looking to use them on some of my non-race applications, like my 63 Tbird.
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread OP.

The wheel I want is called Trans Am wheel. I've never seen it on a car or even pictured on a car. It is here:

http://us-mags.com/trans-am-u429-w-5713.htm

The quote was around $4000 IIRC. Maybe it was a mis-quote.

I currently have Circle Racing 93 Series wheel which is very close and looks awesome.

http://circleracing.com/93series.htm

Unfortunately, I've done some upgrading (Thanks to Ron) and the fronts no longer fit. I'll have to decide on getting 2 new fronts or biting the bullet and seeing if the US Mag wheels are close in cost.

I've never been a big fan of the Bandit wheel for some reason.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:56 PM

I have US Mags Big Slots on my '57 Poncho, and I really like them. Although designed in the US, they are made in China (which I was somewhat disappointed about) but the quality seems OK.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:56 PM

I'm looking at the Rambler they are 600 each for 18x10 on Ebay. Haven't seen anything near 4k for them
Old 10-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

Just like Foose & American Racing, US Mags have several different types of wheels.

Foose & US Mags are made by the same company. Same sales team too.

From Foose or US Mags.....

Custom backspace 3 piece wheels will cost you $3500+ (Billet center, bolted to 2 rim shells)

Custom backspace 2 piece wheels will cost you $2000+ (Cast center, welded to spun shell)

One piece cast Ramblers are made in China entirely, and cost less than $800 for a set I believe.

The numbers above are ballparks, not actual. But you get the point.

We've used US Mags & Foose on many cars, all 3 types. They're decent quality, but keep in mind they're larger than most Pro Touring wheel companies so the service isn't quite the same, and they're built in a manufacturing plant offsite (or in China).

If budget wheels are what you need, the Ramblers are a pretty good choice. I like them.

-Dale
GMachineChassis.com
LSxEngines.com
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Old 10-02-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz Perf View Post
Just like Foose & American Racing, US Mags have several different types of wheels.

Foose & US Mags are made by the same company. Same sales team too.

From Foose or US Mags.....

Custom backspace 3 piece wheels will cost you $3500+ (Billet center, bolted to 2 rim shells)

Custom backspace 2 piece wheels will cost you $2000+ (Cast center, welded to spun shell)

One piece cast Ramblers are made in China entirely, and cost less than $800 for a set I believe.

The numbers above are ballparks, not actual. But you get the point.

We've used US Mags & Foose on many cars, all 3 types. They're decent quality, but keep in mind they're larger than most Pro Touring wheel companies so the service isn't quite the same, and they're built in a manufacturing plant offsite (or in China).

If budget wheels are what you need, the Ramblers are a pretty good choice. I like them.

-Dale
Thank you exact info I was looking for