Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-07-2017, 01:53 PM

Default Help! Fraud By Infinitybox Llc

I purchased 3 full systems in May 2017 and never received them. Since then I am waiting for a solution and all I hear are excuses, lies and another excuses. I was warned by so many highly appreciated people in the industry that this product is dead and I wasn't listening. I told "Jay Harris" aka Edwin Harris that I am willing to help him with a solution, I was the one in contact with Alpine Electronics GmbH, with Pioneer, Kenwood and they all told me that what they do there with older devices is now against the law. What Jay Harris did was to keep me waiting and make me believe that he has a solution and that everything is going to be good, but this did not happened. Dec 1st my deadline was due and I asked for a refund, that never happened. I now filed for fraud at the European court in Stuttgart and immediately received an international warrant. Now I need him to fly into any Schengen country to have him arrested. Today 6pm I filed for fraud and for credit card fraud at the German authorities and gave the issue to VISA and Paypal, both said that if he will not pay till Dec. 27 that they will refund the money. I will do what ever necessary to warn any person in the industry because I believe that this company is bankrupt. Jay claims he has so many appointments and claims that he just came off that plane and jumps into another plane - all lies. I will now post this in google and where ever I can, especially to all the hotrodders and lateral-g - BEWARE!! THIS COMPANY is bankrupt! DONT SEND THEM ANY MONEY!!!!!

Can please someone tell me what my options are? I live in Germany and I have familiymembers in the USA, they told me to involve our lawyer immediately. What is your experience? How can I get my money back? Is it gone????
Old 12-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Once it gets so bad that attorneys are involved, the money becomes a lost issue. You may be able to get some satisfaction out of a legal judgment but money and time spent pursuing it will far outweigh anything you get back.

A lot of folks air their complaints on social media but your attorney will probably advise against that.

Jeff-
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
Once it gets so bad that attorneys are involved, the money becomes a lost issue. You may be able to get some satisfaction out of a legal judgment but money and time spent pursuing it will far outweigh anything you get back.

A lot of folks air their complaints on social media but your attorney will probably advise against that.

Jeff-
X10. Isis can be very slow, and I know it's not exactly an enjoyable experience to do so after you've been told one thing and something else transpires, but If your main goal is to get your parts, patience and polite persistent diligence will get the job done 99% of the time.

Last edited by LateralJeaz; 12-08-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:24 PM

The sad thing is even if you get the product you'll be SOL if it doesn't work or fails down the road if they're going under.

Even getting lawyers involved would just end up in more money and time loss. To bad you can't just contact your bank to report it.

I'd just keep pressing for your money back or have your lawyer submit a letter in writing with threats of suing if full payment isn't refunded? Have it sent so they have to sign for it. Put it in a box not an envelope.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:57 PM

I’ve not been where your at, but I believe that PayPal and Visa will help you out as a consumer on these issues. As mentioned above, even if you do get the product, your dealing with a company that apparently will be no more, so your tech support and future upgrades are null and void. Personally, I’d push for the refund through PP, and walk away.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:51 AM

I was unaware they were going out of business. Sad. It's a good product.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateralJeaz View Post
I was unaware they were going out of business. Sad. It's a good product.
I have no dog in this matter...but where did anyone say that they are going under?
Please get in touch if I can be of service.
My YouTube Channel
Old 12-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
I have no dog in this matter...but where did anyone say that they are going under?
I would guess...$1500 for wiring, plus add ons, would push you into the $2000 range to wire your car. Not everyone is building a show car. So, that versus a $600 harness from other manufacturer's is a no-brainer. Just my .02¢.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I would guess...$1500 for wiring, plus add ons, would push you into the $2000 range to wire your car. Not everyone is building a show car. So, that versus a $600 harness from other manufacturer's is a no-brainer. Just my .02¢.
yep id agree
Old 12-10-2017, 07:59 PM

It depends on what you plan to do with it. If you start adding up the costs of individual controllers like fan controller, power windows, power locks, hideaway headlight controller, exhaust cutouts controller, fuel pump controller, push button start, security system, etc.. the cost starts to look more justifiable.