Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 09-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default LSA with Holley High Mount Brackets - Question

Anyone use the Holley High mount A/C and Alt brackets on an LSA? I had them on a mock up LS2, but upgraded to the LSA. I have them on the motor and everything looks good. I just need a tensioner pulley for the blower. Anybody have any ideas? I was told by Greg at LSX that his would not work with the Holley A/C Bracket.... TIA

Derek
Old 10-01-2017, 10:17 AM

Following. I'm in the same boat.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittcustoms View Post
....I was told by Greg at LSX that his would not work with the Holley A/C Bracket.... TIA

Derek
Were there any specifics given?

If the Holley brackets are used with the Corvette spacing, I see no reason why it would not with the LSA. As I understand it, the LSA accessories are on the Corvette spacing and the blower belt is further out.

I have no direct experience with this particular set-up, but I have been doing research on this swap. I have the Holley alternator bracket and am using a Corvette balancer.

Andrew
Old 10-03-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

If the Holley brackets are used with the Corvette spacing, I see no reason why it would not with the LSA. As I understand it, the LSA accessories are on the Corvette spacing and the blower belt is further out.

I have no direct experience with this particular set-up, but I have been doing research on this swap. I have the Holley alternator bracket and am using a Corvette balancer.

Andrew
The idlers and tensioners for the AC and supercharger are trying to occupy the same space. LSX concepts has a compressor mount that should work.

Don
Old 10-04-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Andrew
First off the Holley Alternator bracket is on the drivers side of the engine, no interference on that side with anything that drives the supercharger. The Holley high mount AC bracket is on the passenger side:

The tensioner for the supercharger needs the real estate where this AC bracket mounts:

LSX Concepts makes a setup that works with THEIR high mount AC mount. I assume it wont work with the Holley brackets because their tensioner bracket needs more room between the belts than what is available with Holley's bracket.

An adapter bracket to mount the tensioner to the waterpump looks simple enough to make if you want to go that route. Although doesnt look near as beefy as the OEM mount.

Last edited by samckitt; 10-04-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:59 AM

Did not intend to imply that LSX Concepts has a fix for the Holley compressor bracket....

Don