Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2017, 10:59 AM

Default Help picking 69 camaro suspension... Stock style

After what seems like weeks of research I am still unsure what I want to do working on a new project 69 Camaro wanting to do a restomod well handling car.. not interested in doing four link or anything crazy wanting to keep leaf springs under it and not cut the car too much.

My current plan is during Black Friday take advantage of some sales I was going to buy speed Tech upper and lower control arms a Hotchkis front sway bar and Hotchkis rear leaf springs and front coil springs and matching Hotchkis shocks the new Fox ones. Also going to do the IROC steering box conversion this car has a LS6 and T56

Probably do some light autocross and just have fun driving this one. What's everyone's take on Hotchkis & am I better off piecing together other parts for a better combination or getting this package that is designed to work together
Old 11-22-2017, 12:20 PM

Speedtech arms for 1k is a good deal but also look at BMR also American made great quality. I bought a set from them last year for under 1k. They are out of Florida. Quality is just as good as any of the more recognizable brands. Hotchkis is over priced even on Black Friday and cyber Monday. Speedtech and BMR are my top choices and they usually have what I need and want between them.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:05 PM

I will look them up.. I'm sure they are overpriced just hate piecing different stuff together and find out they do not work together so willing to spend a couple dollars more on a good working combination just working within my budget though and plans to keep the car stock style suspension
Old 11-23-2017, 09:18 AM

look at our Road Assault package that includes the front sway bar and coil over conversion. you will get WAY better ride and performance from the coil over setup. the cost of the package will be lower than the web price if you order it this week due to the control arm package price.
we could also put together a rear leaf spring package with matching shocks if you were interested
Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Speedtech products are great,I ran their control arms and sway bar on a 69 Camaro,very satisfied.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Consider a Streetgrip package. Oem look, excellent ride quality, modern car handling in one integrated package. http://www.ridetech.com/products/streetgrip/
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.