Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzer454 View Post
It depends on what you plan to do with it. If you start adding up the costs of individual controllers like fan controller, power windows, power locks, hideaway headlight controller, exhaust cutouts controller, fuel pump controller, push button start, security system, etc.. the cost starts to look more justifiable.
But each one of those individual components can be trouble shot, repaired and you can get your car back on the road using your local Auto parts store. One honey boo boo with the infinity box on the weekend and your left towing your car somewhere until you get a tech on the line. If they go out of business after the infinity box messes up your left rewiring your car again which could be costly.

I think the hot rod market is just a very small aspect of their business anyways. The sales must be slow on the commercial end? Just a guess.

Last edited by Build-It-Break-it; 12-10-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:53 PM

I haven't heard anyone complain about the reliability of these modules, hopefully that won't be a problem. But I think that's a risk you take anytime you buy from a 3rd party vendor regardless if it's an electrical or mechanical part.

I haven't seen any announcements that they really are going out of business, but I agree that if they are it's because their core business must be suffering.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:18 PM

would love to hear both sides of the story here. I didn't hear of any business issues with Infinity Box and i just recieved something from them in Oct....no issues. Personally i've had great experiences with Jay and the staff but that was 2 years ago when i first installed it.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Supporting Vendor

Sorry to hear your problems with them.

They are located somewhat close to us. About 4 years ago I had a tech come out & demonstrate it to our team, and we installed & sold a few kits.
The last time I dealt with Jay was last year, and lead times were crazy. I decided to not sell the product any more.

Best of luck to you getting your money back

-Dale
GMachineChassis.com
LSxEngines.com
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Old 12-16-2017, 04:35 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I ordered a few modules from them earlier this year and had no problems getting the stuff. They have a good amount of business from the guys that build Factory Five cars and the bigger chunk of their business is from conversion bus companies.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzer454 View Post
It depends on what you plan to do with it. If you start adding up the costs of individual controllers like fan controller, power windows, power locks, hideaway headlight controller, exhaust cutouts controller, fuel pump controller, push button start, security system, etc.. the cost starts to look more justifiable.
True, but those very things you're mentioning like power accessories...locks, windows, etc. can all be had in a $700 AAW or Ron Francis.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Write a complaint letter to the Illinois state Attorney General, also the District Attorney of the city the company is located in, also the Better Business Bureau of that city. I'm not saying all that is going to do any good for you but it may apply pressure on them to address your issue.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:31 PM

The system is pretty bad ass actually...... lots of cool features that you can program like a new car. I've had great interactions with Jay but its been a while....so I have no idea on the status of the company.

I have a never used 3 cell system, with AC control and all the bells and whistles, that is for sale...... my car project is basically dead in the water and may never get done....so I'm trying to cover my losses.

Hit me up if anyone is interested... [email protected]
Old 01-23-2018, 08:15 AM

I guess ISIS changed their name for obvious reasons. That stuff is junk. It sounds cool on a brochure and if it worked like they said, it would be awesome. But it doesn't. Its crazy slow and very difficult to program. And will drain your battery pretty fast. Faster then a small AMP tender can keep up with. We went through a few master cells chasing this issue. I had another customer remove the system as it was unreliable and super super slow. It took atleast 20-30 seconds just to start the car. LAME

Coach1 sells a nice product also. Obviously not as fancy as ISIS claims, but has some trick features. But alot of extra wiring in the system.
Racepak seems to have it dialed with their Streetwire system.
Dakota Digital has some nice control systems to go with some of their new HDX gauge clusters.

And the Ron Francis BlackBox relays boxes are Junk also. We will no longer use their product for similar reasons. When your solution to fix your relay panel is to install separate relays on the relay panel, I'm out.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
... When your solution to fix your relay panel is to install separate relays on the relay panel, I'm out.
Thanks for that chuckle, Rodger!... (thanks for the whole review, but that part in particular...)

Jeff-