Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2018, 11:00 PM

Default Ididit 3 bolt quick release

Does anyone make a hub/quick release that would attach my ford racing/Sparco 3 bolt steering wheel to an Ididit column. I currently have a grant 3 bolt quick release on it but the problem is all the insides of the column are still visible. Did this years ago and was all I could come up with. Wasn’t sure if someone’s come out with something recently?
Old 01-23-2018, 11:22 PM

I have the same setup -a Grant 3 bolt adapter on to an Ididit column. And yeah, a lot of column guts exposed. My setup is over 15 years old, and a lot of products have come on the market since then but I haven't tried anything. I've thought about epoxying a cover onto theback of the QR but everything I can think of seems like it would make it hard to release, and when I tighten the retaining bolt down there is no "slack" even for a 030 thick cover.

So, I live with it, its sort of a race car anyway Have you asked Ididit for a suggestion ? Woodward makes some nice releases but I think they are oriented towards their columns. I researched it a tiny bit but didn't feellike spending $200 for another qr system only to find it didn't work. Good luck and postbacki fyou find anything promising.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizfitJon View Post
Does anyone make a hub/quick release that would attach my ford racing/Sparco 3 bolt steering wheel to an Ididit column. I currently have a grant 3 bolt quick release on it but the problem is all the insides of the column are still visible. Did this years ago and was all I could come up with. Wasn’t sure if someone’s come out with something recently?
Not 3 bolt but I used NRG quick release on my 67 cougar. It hides all the wires.

then maybe use this to bolt your steering wheel to.

Projects:
67 Cougar
Art Morrison Sport IFS
3-link Rear Suspension
Coyote w/ D&D Performance Viper t56
Build: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=50170

Brother's 1966 Mustang Restomod
Mustang II front suspension
Torque Arm Rear Suspension
Ridetech Shockwaves
5.0 w/ Viper t56