User Name
Password

Old 09-15-2017, 11:29 PM

Default One bad 1969 camaro camaro

Item Location (City/State):
Mandfield Ohio
Price: ... it's now gone /SOLD

Description:
Trying to help my IG friend sell this bad 69 project. it's on eBay now , I think it's a very good deal and would love to see some one finish it . Hopefully on LG thread ... https://m.ebay.com/itm/263209406344?...&ul_noapp=true

Up for sale is the start to one of the best performing cars that will ever be welded together. If your heart desires is to own a bad-ass pro-touring '69 Camaro here it is...

I Started this project for myself about three years ago and due to some life changing events my priorities have changed. I have decided to pass this dream on to someone else.
The quality of this build to date is beyond what most shops are capable of and I have no desire to pass it off to someone who is not up to the task of finishing this car out to the level it was previously intended! Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I will entertain "low ball" offers, I will just kindly tell you that I will not sell you the car. If you are earnestly interested, here's whats up for auction:

I started with a jig (included in the auction) and set the front frame rails and rear sub-rails into the factory location. I knew I was going to have to start with aftermarket pans to modify them in a manner that you couldn't tell. I removed the factory torq boxes and replaced them with a rear cross-member. I also boxed the factory style subrails and attached the sub-frame connectors to simulate a full chassis car. I didn't want people to see where the factory car stopped and the race car started. There are roll cage provisions off of the rear bulkhead and front sub-frame so the cage is not just welded to plates that are then welded to sheet metal. I wanted to eliminate as much flex as possible to ensure the tight body gaps would not change after the car seen the track. The engine is set back 5.5 inches for weight transfer and the inner rockers are dropped over the floor pans 1.5 inches to lower the roll center. I was thinking along the lines of "Optimas Fastest Street Car Shootout" and "Goodguys Auto Cross".

Since the start of this project I have had a total of three 1969 Camaros before finding the right body. The others had surprises hiding under the paint, this body is by far the nicest.The extra sheet metal was purchased while I had the other bodies. There will be extra parts you will not use sheet metal wise and extras that can be sold. I have a list a mile long of modifications to the floors before the body was set on.

I urge a potential buyer to call if they are genuinely interested and I can go over the many details. As for the parts included, I have over $70,000. in what is pictured, the best of the best and no expenses were spared. Again this is not a project for the budget minded or the financially unstable. Here's what you get....

Body - Really clean California Shell and the best aftermarket possible
2 Quarters (extra)
2 pr. DSE inner tubs
1pr. Outer tub
1 Roof skin
Solid AZ door inners
Outer door skins are NOS GM
All front sheet metal is nice solid original GM
Floors are highly modified to fit changes made for performance
DSE Suspension
Hydroformed Sub-frame with double adjustable JRI shocks and remote canisters
Quadralink rear suspension with JRI shocks and remote canisters
skf wheel bearing upgrade all 4 corners
camber shim kit
Sub-frame connectors
1/2 height body mounts
stainless body bolt kit
"Stielow floater" 9 inch with all the trimmings!
C&R 3rd member with Trutrac ford 3.89 gear/REM & Dyno Service
Rear sway bar and hardware
Wheels & Tires
Forgeline RB3C forged concave wheel setup for a Detroit Speed Equipped 1969 Camaro
18x10.5 fronts with 6.3 bs 19x12 rears with 5.5 bs... Powder Coated "Flat Bronze"
Michelin pilot Sport PS2 Tires... 295/30r18 fronts and 345/30r19 rears..
Brakes
Baer Extreme + 14" -all 4 corners
R-spec Floating rotor upgrade -all 4 corners
Fire Red powder coat -all 4 corners
Proportioning valve
Radiator
Ron Davis Racing Products - Chevrolet Camaro Type 1967-1969 Dual Pass - LS Engine - Dual Fans & Shroud
Remote inline oil to water heat exchanger with 1.5 hose connections dual pass
Recovery Tank 13 X 3 over all
RDRP Billet Radiator Cap Cover
Transmission, full package from Bowler performance..
Bowlers Tremec GM T-56 Magnum 2.29 Unit w/Stage II Upgrades
Ram Clutch and Flywheel
Flywheel bolt kit
Install hardware
Pilot Bearing
Tilton Throwout w/Guide Tube
Bowler Shift Lever w/Multihole knob
Pigtail Package w/Speedo Plug
1350 Slip Yoke
Royalm Purple Synchromax
Quick Time Bellhousing
Ring Brothers
Universal Battery Disconnect Switch
Universal Body Mount Battery Charging Port
Hood Hinge Kit - Air Frame - Natural
Universal Gas Spring - qty 2 - 260 lbs ea.
GM Door Kit - door handles, door strikers & lock pulls
Universal Round Hood Pin Kit w/long pin - Natural
Universal Billet Hood Adjusters - 1.25 Black

Dr Jig included!

For Sale by Owner!
Cash only!
Title in Hand!

Contact Henry - Owner of Steadfast Mfg. / Mansfield, OH 44906
419.632.3315 / 419.526.3132

NOTE: car for sale locally, auction can end at any time!

Last edited by frankv11; 10-23-2017 at 12:17 PM.