Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 09-20-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
How about taking it back to the builder and letting them finish their job.... and making this stuff right??
I think he has had plenty of time to make it right and Mario is ready to drive his car. Builder had a focus on making everything look nice. Form over function. Pretty sure Donny will make sure it stops. Just sayin and not trying to argue with you Greg...

Don
Old 09-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
I think he has had plenty of time to make it right and Mario is ready to drive his car. Builder had a focus on making everything look nice. Form over function. Pretty sure Donny will make sure it stops. Just sayin and not trying to argue with you Greg...

Don
I understand Don - and I wasn't trying to argue either -- but paying someone ELSE to fix what the builder should have gotten right to start with -- is just letting the builder off the hook. THEY should have to LEARN from their mistakes and they should have to make good on the stuff they built and charged the customer for.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:20 PM

......sigh.

I typed a bunch of stuff but it doesn't matter. With facts we can find the root of the problem, with snark we can talk in a circle.

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 09-20-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Hey Mario. Looks like you and Donny are both in Illinois. Why don't you take the car to him and let him fix it.

Don
Don I would do that if I was at a cross road with my builder but that's not the case here. Troy is VERY aware of what's going on . I'm going to park the car after this weekend and wait till SEMA is over and bring it down to him to sort the many issues I have with the car. He has a major build going on right now and I figure it best to wait until he's finished with the SEMA trash.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I understand Don - and I wasn't trying to argue either -- but paying someone ELSE to fix what the builder should have gotten right to start with -- is just letting the builder off the hook. THEY should have to LEARN from their mistakes and they should have to make good on the stuff they built and charged the customer for.
Greg is right on the money here. But just so everyone understands Troy never bowed out . I figured there was going to be problems and I wanted to learn the in's and out's of my car . I thought some of this was going to be a EASY fix but obviously it's not . Troy is going to get the issues corrected when SEMA is over.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:01 PM

Ok Mario. I have a brake pressure gauge you can borrow if you change your mind. I can ship it to you.

Sorry if I came off snarky. Was looking forward to you enjoying some good fall cruising before the snow flies.

Take care,
Don
Old 09-20-2017, 03:14 PM

Mario there's a reason Brembo (and AP Racing and Wilwood and many others) don't offer CC big brake kits. It's next to impossible to develop and support unless part of a completely engineered factory system (think GM and Porsche, and yeah I know everyone already read that earlier). I have read on the Vette road racing forum of guys and vendors trying different pads on the CC system with zero improvement. Side note: I'd hate to be the guy that has to pay for the CC rotors when experimenting with the wrong pad.

I recall it was either Charley or Mark trying to run those brakes on the track (on JA I believe) and had what sounded like fairly major issues.

Wish I had something better to add, but I think your best bet is to try the factory booster / master combo and see if that works.

I'm rooting for you man!

Old 09-20-2017, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

The benefit of Carbon Ceramic rotors are a lot less weight --- longer lasting (you can go thru a bunch of pads without changing the rotor) --- and greater heat dissipation. In cold application they can actually be described as GRABBY....

It's a ROTOR...... and he has the matching calipers and pads for that part of the system. The part of the "system" that's missing --- the part that creates the hydraulic pressure.

RE: Jackass brakes/issues

Mario is NOT running ABS and racing the car (yet)..... THAT is a complex engineering issue.... but NOT Marios issue.

I'm with Dhutton...... do a pressure check at the caliper and my guess is he's simply lacking the proper pressure/volume required. Do some math -- get the right master cylinder and pedal ratio.... and see what happens.

The thing I would "worry" about now is - lacking the right pressure and driving the car -- is the system now glazed. If it was me - given the cost of these brakes I'd be parking the car while waiting to give it back to Troy to sort out.

Porsche magazine even recommends the exact same bedding process for these brakes that every other brake takes.... i.e., repeated hard stops (short version).
Old 09-20-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Maybe hydroboost would fit. Check with Paul at Hydratech.

Don
Jody had a super short setup made for malitude, but still not sure there would be any room for it either.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:34 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Post Engine compartment images

Hi Guys - As you have noticed, I don't like coming into forum discussions beating the drum with all kinds of ridiculous jazz, noise, and hype regarding our systems, so as you see I mostly lurk just to see what's cooking (actually about twice a day!). Heck, I'm actually way over in a different discussion yapping away about LED lights... At any rate, I haven't been paying enough attention to some of the builds, meaning I've seen the DOOM Camaro in passing, but have not looked closely enough at any available engine compartment images (that I'm sure are right here somewhere).
Now that my name has been directly mentioned, I'm here. Would you please be so kind as to toss some engine compartment pics in here (or some links) so that I can literally take a much closer look at the master cylinder / brake booster area? I'd be curious to see what possible space constraints have been mentioned. As you know, we can definitely make that car stop like a monster by adding dramatic gains in the line pressure department.

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com

Last edited by Hydratech®; 09-25-2017 at 08:37 PM.