Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Vendor Specific Technical Discussions and Support > Lateral-G Sponsor News: Sales, New Product Info
User Name
Password

Old 04-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSM View Post
I was hoping to be posting pictures by now of finished machined parts but in my tireless efforts to make this part PERFECT the first time, I have delayed and need some help from the members here on Lat-G.

What I am looking for are some pictures of your current Big Ford Ends, but please note I am ONLY needing pics of "New Style" aka "Torino Ends". What I need pictures of specifically, are pics from the backside of the End (the side the T-bolt/bolt enters from. If you also would not mind at time of posting, I would like to know what "brand/who made it" if you know, but not necessary.

Hopefully you all can give me a quick hand with this It would be greatly appreciated!

Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mul8ion View Post
Hope this helps. These ends were from Dutchman.

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I am looking for. Dutchman makes great stuff. They are also onboard to make axles for this set-up too!

Hey everyone,,,,,, please keep the pics coming. Ideally I would like a pic from each manufacturer if possible.
I am trying to verify the distance of the 4 bolt holes in relation to the outer bearing bore. I thought this would be a given that all Ends have enough room for a socket head cap screw at minimum, but just came across one set that did not and would only fit a T-bolt! NOT what I want to see and want to prove that it was an oddball..... Need to make sure that ALL or majority of "Ends" out there in the world have room for a socket head cap screw at minimum. Either way, it is not a deal killer as I have a "plan B" for those rare cases,,,, but want to verify that majority are as you just posted up in the picture above.
Also curious to see what is out there for the outer shape of the Flange itself, but most all manufacturers seem to be the same/similar.....
Old 04-04-2015, 06:06 PM

Here's the Dutchman outer shape.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Hope this helps. These ends were from Dutchman.

Quote:
THANK YOU! That is exactly what I am looking for. Dutchman makes great stuff. They are also onboard to make axles for this set-up too!

Hey everyone,,,,,, please keep the pics coming. Ideally I would like a pic from each manufacturer if possible.
I am trying to verify the distance of the 4 bolt holes in relation to the outer bearing bore. I thought this would be a given that all Ends have enough room for a socket head cap screw at minimum, but just came across one set that did not and would only fit a T-bolt! NOT what I want to see and want to prove that it was an oddball..... Need to make sure that ALL or majority of "Ends" out there in the world have room for a socket head cap screw at minimum. Either way, it is not a deal killer as I have a "plan B" for those rare cases,,,, but want to verify that majority are as you just posted up in the picture above.
Also curious to see what is out there for the outer shape of the Flange itself, but most all manufacturers seem to be the same/similar.....
Quote:
Here's the Dutchman outer shape.
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.
Looks like your Dutchman ends have "flat sides" as opposed to moser/strange ends that seem to all have a radius in that area. Yours match the ones that are modeled in my CAD pictures. I have already changed the drawings to accommodate the radius version which will easily work with your/others "flat sided" ones.

One other thing I am curious to hear from everyone is if their current ends have accommodations for an "inner seal". Not all ends do,,,, but many do have and most all new ends are coming with this feature.... If you do have, it will be the bore closest to the axle tube and the bore should measure approx. 2.50-2.502" and have a small machined seat area at the bottom for the seal to bottom out on...

Again, thank you.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:15 PM

Anybody in AZ interested in this setup?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM

Jay,

Here are some pictures of my Moser set up. It does have the inner seal as well. Hope these shots help.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efs69 View Post
Jay,

Here are some pictures of my Moser set up. It does have the inner seal as well. Hope these shots help.
I appreciate you taking the time to contribute. Although I was hoping to be further along, lack of interest in this product so far has put this low on my priority list even though personally I think it is the best thing since sliced cheese.
Here are a few shots of the first sets. They are bad a$$!
Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 PM

I was seriously wanting these and they're are an extremely great idea and innovative. The part that made the decision for me personally is Cost.

After buying a ford housing with big bearing brackets, JSM brackets, strange axles, rotors etc its probably close to $3000 with no center section . The floaters I've priced (Speedway motors)complete are around $1000 minus the brake calipers,no center section. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison tho. I like yours WAY better.

If the axles and your brackets were priced a little lower Im sure there would be tons of interest. But people have to eat so I understand your r&d,time, money invested. Much respect for you coming up with these and offering them to others.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-it View Post
I was seriously wanting these and they're are an extremely great idea and innovative. The part that made the decision for me personally is Cost.

After buying a ford housing with big bearing brackets, JSM brackets, strange axles, rotors etc its probably close to $3000 with no center section . The floaters I've priced (Speedway motors)complete are around $1000 minus the brake calipers,no center section. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison tho. I like yours WAY better.

If the axles and your brackets were priced a little lower Im sure there would be tons of interest. But people have to eat so I understand your r&d,time, money invested. Much respect for you coming up with these and offering them to others.

I understand the cost being an issue for folks, but you should see the budget I am working with trying to bring these innovative designs to life
Just as a reminder though, this "bolt on" set-up was really conceived for folks who have a current housing/suspension brackets that want to take advantage of all the great things this kit offers over their current semi-floater configuration AND a Speedway type floater.

As you mentioned the speedway floater is a lesser dollar amount and a good option, but more for a track oriented car IMO, but as you also mentioned is not really an apple to apple comparison.
My offering is for folks leaning more towards that OEM feel/build that want a quality e-brake set-up, almost zero maintenance, and the ability to service the set-up if need be at most ANY local auto parts store/GM dealership.That you will not duplicate with the budget friendly speedway floater...

Appreciate the input & kind words, and perhaps I should/could offer a group buy which would bring the price down quite a bit. For example if I could get 10 "pre-orders" on both the flanges and axles at the same time, I could then bring the cost down on both the flange ends and axles. Just as a guess (pretty close though), the flanges would be closer to $650 for the pair & the axles at $700 for the pair.....
If anyone would be interested in this price range just let me know on this thread and when we reach 10 sets of both flange ends and axles everyone will be getting a GREAT deal!
Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I appreciate you taking the time to contribute. Although I was hoping to be further along, lack of interest in this product so far has put this low on my priority list even though personally I think it is the best thing since sliced cheese.
Here are a few shots of the first sets. They are bad a$$!
Are you referring to just the bolt-on option or your set-up in general when mentioning putting this low on your priority list? I'm getting ready to pull the rear end out of my car next week and start fitting the wheels. I responded to your PM a week or so ago, so just want to see where things are with this and if it will still be an option?

thanks, Jake
Old 04-18-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativefx View Post
Are you referring to just the bolt-on option or your set-up in general when mentioning putting this low on your priority list? I'm getting ready to pull the rear end out of my car next week and start fitting the wheels. I responded to your PM a week or so ago, so just want to see where things are with this and if it will still be an option?

thanks, Jake
Hi Jake,

When I say low on the priority list, I just mean I most likely will not be spending my savings on trying to keep sets of these in stock. I have a TON of time and money into these to get them were they are at today. It just ties up too much money and makes no sense for me.
I will just have to start taking orders, then manufacture. So basically there will be a lead time..... I will always be able to provide either option ("bolt-on"/"weld-on"),,,,, but most likely will be a 2 week lead time.

I have 1 "weld-on" set available. These 2 bolt-on sets are already spoken for.

Jay