Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,542 Times in 850 Posts

Yep, I agree and the up side (saving money).

I am sure it would make you feel better if you were still doing some of the stuff like taking the parts to the Powder Coater which would save you some money in the long run I am sure.

Sooner or later Kenny and I are going to do another car or maybe redo my 70. Heck maybe even a full Roadster Shop Chassis. But what I have learned get as much stuff completed as you can before you send it to paint and body.

ps Not sure if you saw John is selling is Anvil full Carbon inner fenders and they sure would look good on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro's 1969 502 Camaro View Post
The guy doing my car is affordable, but is a one man show and theres to many cars in his shop. Some of the other shops I trust to do the paint, charge by the hour so it could get really pricey for me. Either way if my car isn't started in the next few weeks i'll be taking it home..lol Its a little disappointing when I worked on the car all winter and basically handed it to him ready to go. I even pre-assembled the whole car a couple of times while I was waiting for a spot in his shop. The only up side is it gives me time to save some money

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 10-27-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Yep, I agree and the up side (saving money).

I am sure it would make you feel better if you were still doing some of the stuff like taking the parts to the Powder Coater which would save you some money in the long run I am sure.

Sooner or later Kenny and I are going to do another car or maybe redo my 70. Heck maybe even a full Roadster Shop Chassis. But what I have learned get as much stuff completed as you can before you send it to paint and body.

ps Not sure if you saw John is selling is Anvil full Carbon inner fenders and they sure would look good on your car.
Marty I would love those inner fenders, the only problem is my want list is still so big. My next big purchases will be those Drive Junky pullies, a Ricks tank with VapourWorx and Forgeline wheels.

That would be sweet, to do a Roadster Shop Chassis. I would love to see that build 👍

I need a new job!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,542 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro's 1969 502 Camaro View Post
Marty I would love those inner fenders, the only problem is my want list is still so big. My next big purchases will be those Drive Junky pullies, a Ricks tank with VapourWorx and Forgeline wheels.

That would be sweet, to do a Roadster Shop Chassis. I would love to see that build 👍

I need a new job!!!
Trust me I understand that is why I am building my 70 in stages as my daughter is 1.5 years out of College/Med School. I have 4 more stages planned for the car and that will keep the big expenses down. What saved me the most money on the car was the Satin paint as I new I wanted to be able to park it a cruise night and not worry about and oddly enough everyone loves the paint. I have learned something after the last two builds...nice paint is great to look at but it sucks if you want to drive it and not worry about it.

ps my want list is huge !!!

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale