Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 01-19-2017, 12:17 AM

Default LS1/T56 combo

Hey everyone,

I've been storing a LS1/T56 combo in my shop for a friend of mine who doesn't have a dry place to store it otherwise. He bought it from a junker car about 10 years ago for a project that never happened. I think it had around 20k miles on it. He previously had the engine stored at his dad's house, but it was stored outside underneath a tarp. All the ports and holes were covered, but it was outside. The condition of the inside and cylinders are unknown (surface rust and what not) and the outside aluminum is a bit white from corrosion and whatnot. I found previous posts from people asking what this combo is worth, but they were a few years old, so I am wondering if anyone knows what this combo might be worth nowadays. He does have all the original front drive accessories and the original wiring harness.

Thanks!
Aman

1969 Camaro Z/28: W.I.P. Bolt-on Art Morrison MaxG Chassis, LS2 Stroker, 6spd. manual, amongst many other goodies!
Old 01-19-2017, 08:41 AM

They are asking good money for them on ebay. Around $5k with accessories, harness and ECM.

Don
Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67pro-street View Post
Hey everyone,

I've been storing a LS1/T56 combo in my shop for a friend of mine who doesn't have a dry place to store it otherwise. He bought it from a junker car about 10 years ago for a project that never happened. I think it had around 20k miles on it. He previously had the engine stored at his dad's house, but it was stored outside underneath a tarp. All the ports and holes were covered, but it was outside. The condition of the inside and cylinders are unknown (surface rust and what not) and the outside aluminum is a bit white from corrosion and whatnot. I found previous posts from people asking what this combo is worth, but they were a few years old, so I am wondering if anyone knows what this combo might be worth nowadays. He does have all the original front drive accessories and the original wiring harness.

Thanks!
Aman

Aman,

If you can post a few pics, that would hep
Also, verify if any water/ dirt , etc got into it?
That will make a big difference in value

You didn't mention what it was out of? (ie. Camaro/ Firebird, GTO, etc) makes a difference also in value

Look for to hearing & seeing more

Jeff
Old 02-02-2017, 11:06 PM

Sorry for the delayed response, I rarely get on this message board nowadays. The motor and tranny was originally out of a Camaro. I will take some pictures of it tomorrow and post them up. As for the condition inside the cylinders, I would love to take the heads off, but my buddy doesn't really want me to. I could do it on my own and buy new head gaskets, but don't want to disrespect his wishes.

More to come here in the next few days!

-Aman

1969 Camaro Z/28: W.I.P. Bolt-on Art Morrison MaxG Chassis, LS2 Stroker, 6spd. manual, amongst many other goodies!
Old 02-03-2017, 01:35 PM

You coulLS pull the oil pan and check out the cylinders from there and the rest of the rotating assembly to see how much of any damage repeated condensation during the outside storage caused. And the oil pan gasket is reusable.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023