Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM

Default Posts for June Art show /Contest

I'll get this one started...

I have a soft spot for wagons and have drawn many over the years. Attached are a few, some of which you guys have seen already-

'52 Wyllis Aerowing, taken from a 2-door post car and turned into a 2 door wagon with wood panels. I drew this one by hand, background is in photoshop. Wheels kinda date this one, did it about 10 years ago.

1st Gen woodie Nova. I used to own a 65 Nova wagon and I loved that car. Had it torn down a bit and had to sell it when I moved across the country. Miss that car a lot. In all my years of driving Novas, being involved with Nova clubs and checking out photos in mags and on the web, I've never seen a Nova wagon with wood panels. This would prolly be an easy ride to duplicate. Air bags, 17" steelies, and a basic FI motor with overdrive and you're set to cruise. Done in Illustrator.

69 Torino Wagon. Let's say you've got a Mustang drag car and you want a cool hauler instead of a run of the mill dually. How about a Torino wagon dressed up Cobra style? 18's, big brakes and a torque monster under the hood. Done in Illustrator.

Always loved panel wagons too, and with my auto art business I frequent car shows with a vendor booth. Would love to have something like this to haul my gear around. 58 Chevy Panel dropped with 20's, a little mix of old and new skool styling. Done in Illustrator with a photo I borrowed in the background.

My SRD Renderings Instagram page

My SRD Renderings Facebook Page

Pumkinator '79 Cutlass Wagon Build
Old 06-05-2009, 04:16 PM

Here's my current ride, a 79 Olds Cutlass Cruiser Brougham. (Now there's a mouthful!) I bought this car for $300, all stock with 36,000 miles on the factory rebuilt 305 Chevy, also had a TH250 and factory 2.41 gears. Had front end damage and a bunch of little quirky problems- 186,000 on the odometer.

Not long later I slipped in a 406 small block with a few goodies. Added 3" single exhaust through a 40 series Flowmaster. Also replaced all the steering components including adding a 12:1 AGR box. Runs 15.0s in the 1/4 with the factory 2.41 gears and I've just barely clicked over 130 on the open road with some rpms still to pull.

A few cheapie mods: Buffed out the paint, cut springs, 16" GTA wheels, some rattle paint to hide a bunch of paint chips, and a cheapie cowl scoop sealed to the carb to make space for the now 6" tall K&N.

I've thought long and hard about what to do with this car and this month's contest got me to put it on paper. It's my daily year round any weather driver and junk hauler right now, but at some point the car will get retired from bad weather driving and get set up for a little cruising, local show and cruise in parking, and a little auto cross and drag racing. Chassis mods will include all the G-body PT suspension goodies topped off with air bags, 18" wheels, and 13" brakes. I'm thinking a boosted LS7 would do the power trick. Body mods include carbon fiber air vents on the fenders, carbon rear wind deflector and front air dam, LED lights everywhere, and front bumper has ram-air ducts built in. All window pillars and trim are blacked out and the body is coated with metallic charcoal gray paint. As soon as I get my current Nova project out of the way I'll be tearing into this one to get it to the rendering status. This one is also done in Illustrator and I had a blast doing it. Hope you enjoy.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 PM

Great stuff Ben. I really like the Torino wagon. Great idea. I also like how you did the carbon fiber on the Olds. I had a lot of ideas going around. I hope to do more. Because of time, this is the one I decided to go with. I made a phantom 2 door Dodge wagon. I went with a 2 door so I could move the pillar between the front windows and the rear side window forward more. The most noticable feature is the front. I added bigger headlights to fill the rings in better and, as I was looking at my model car (that had the grill section seperate), I had the idea to split the grill down the middle and reverse the sections so the parking lights would be driving lights in the middle of the grill. The marker lights are now in a new opening in the bumper (a attempt to lighten the front). I also added a Plymouth hood scoop. I wasn't sure about the paint, but I went with an old favorite. Red with the classic Ramcharger stripes down the roof. For wheels, I went with old Cragar style wheels in a more modern size. Notice I still have slicks out back! And yes, it has a Hemi!

I did forget to add the cut outs behind the front wheels.

Mike
http://mlomaka.wix.com/lomakaconceptdesign

Last edited by mlomaka; 06-05-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 AM

Great concept! I love thos old Ramchargers and the other cars that made racing what it is today. I like how you executed the ideas, subtle but noteworthy changes. Great rendering too!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Great stuff Ben and Mike! Ben, The Olds wagon has to be built!
Mike that Dodge two door wagon would be sweet!

Here's a few from that past couple of years...

73 Chevelle "Two Door" wagon. Can be made from a an El Camino body and a wagon top back section.

1962 Mercury Colony Park - clients car in Canada, and is on the front page of www.Beachcitywagonmasters.com

My buddy's '62 Olds Safari Wagon.

The last one is going to be an Autobahn cruiser in Germany. Only 600 HP.

Email for DV

vierstradesign.com

Last edited by DVierstra; 06-08-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:03 PM

cool stuff...mind blowing Don

finally I can play

Old 06-10-2009, 01:17 PM

One I did a while back for a client who's a member here. Still one of my favorite projects. Lots of great entries guys! Keep 'em comin'.

Hermance Design
My Facebook
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 PM

Funny... a friend of mine in Chandler had an Isuzu Hombre that had FN BAGS on his plates. you don't know him do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemorris View Post
cool stuff...mind blowing Don

finally I can play

Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 PM

nope

that square is owned by a cat in Missouri. maybe those two know each other?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 PM

Awesome work Guys...
Ok I was asked to get this posted here so here it is.
It's 1969 Javelin SST with a 1970 front clip and Station wagon back, Brandywine Metallic paint and an easy access rear door on each side ala Mazda RX8

Enjoy!

Pant detail and rear door