Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2015, 07:21 PM

Default SBF help

The donor motor for my wife's mustang is out of a 1985 Lincoln TC. I've already got the serpentine set up figured out as well as the water pump rotation...Ford sure liked to change things for whatever reason.
The timing chain cover has a boss for the mechanical fuel pump but it's blocked off internally. I've found a tc cover that will work and thought I was in the clear...but what's going to drive the fuel pump? Can I purchase the eccentric dealio and will it bolt onto this cam? What are my options besides an electric fuel pump?

Thanks

Edit; I figured it out.

Last edited by DBasher; 02-25-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:27 PM

mechanical SBF pumps are driven by that offset ring or cam or whatever you want to call it. It should bolt onto the front of the cam gear and the dowel pin that comes off of the cam should go through the cam gear and partially through the off set ring to drive the mechanical pump.
1965 Mustang Fastback- 289/T5, longtubes, 3 in. exhaust, flowmaster super 10's w/ sidepipes, centerforce clutch, Wilwood 6 front, wildwood 4 rear, wildwood MC, 70 mustang spindles, Shelby drop, Shelby quick steer, C&R third member, 3.50:1 gears, Detroit locker, Moser 31 spline axles, Mike Maier panhard bar, 165 race leaf springs, harness/roll bar, and adjustable rear sway bar
Old 04-12-2015, 03:29 PM

Hopefully this will help out

http://www.fordification.com/board/f...-eccentric.jpg
1965 Mustang Fastback- 289/T5, longtubes, 3 in. exhaust, flowmaster super 10's w/ sidepipes, centerforce clutch, Wilwood 6 front, wildwood 4 rear, wildwood MC, 70 mustang spindles, Shelby drop, Shelby quick steer, C&R third member, 3.50:1 gears, Detroit locker, Moser 31 spline axles, Mike Maier panhard bar, 165 race leaf springs, harness/roll bar, and adjustable rear sway bar
Old 04-12-2015, 07:10 PM

Thanks man, I figured it out and ordered the two piece as well as a timing chain, water pump and new front cover. I actually just got the whole chittery bolted in yesterday.
My next and last (hopefully)hurdle will be front accessories...we'll see how that goes.

Your car is really looking great! Amazing what a set of wheels will do.