Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2010, 06:06 AM

Steve- Thanks, show this to Tommy when you get to work

Thanks Rich
Old 05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Rich, I don't know how often you plan on tracking the car, where it's nice to be able to check tire pressures frequently, but if you're not too concerned, you might want to try a set of flush mount valve stems. I had the same problem and put a set on. They stick out about a 1/4" and don't leak. You do have to take the wheels off to access them though. Just a thought. It seems like it could potentially be much simpler than what you're currently going through to correct the issue. You wouldn't need the spacers or anything.

Matt
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Looks awesome Rich. Fantastic combo of color and wheels.

It is hard for me to follow all the projects. Thanks for alerting me to the thread.

Get those measurements and call me.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Matt,
We did switch to the flush mount valve stems, the problem was with a 6.2 back space the inside spokes of the center hit the W caliper body. So we added a 1/4 spacer to move the wheel away from the caliper. Now that brings the wheel out very close to the inside edge of the fender. Im going to check the camber curve to see if that will tilt the wheel in some.

The rears just need to go in about 3/8 - 1/2 inch. Theres 1-1/4 on the back side. The rear is suppose to be 56 inches built by DSE and my quarter panel lips are full(not trimmed). I really dont want to trim them. Im going to measure everything tonight to make sure it was made correctly. I think the rear wheels are also a 6.2 backspace. They sit almost line to line(rubber to lip edge.

What kind of gap do you have in the back of your car?

Thanks Rich
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM

Thanks Frank- will do.

Rich
Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
Matt,
We did switch to the flush mount valve stems, the problem was with a 6.2 back space the inside spokes of the center hit the W caliper body. So we added a 1/4 spacer to move the wheel away from the caliper. Now that brings the wheel out very close to the inside edge of the fender. Im going to check the camber curve to see if that will tilt the wheel in some.

The rears just need to go in about 3/8 - 1/2 inch. Theres 1-1/4 on the back side. The rear is suppose to be 56 inches built by DSE and my quarter panel lips are full(not trimmed). I really dont want to trim them. Im going to measure everything tonight to make sure it was made correctly. I think the rear wheels are also a 6.2 backspace. They sit almost line to line(rubber to lip edge.

What kind of gap do you have in the back of your car?

Thanks Rich
I've got a pretty tight gap on the rear quarters. We had talked about trimming/rolling the lip, but I'm not sure we ever did. If it was trimmed it was just a tiny bit, maybe a 1/4." So far, I don't think I've had any rubbing issues and I beat on it pretty on some parts of the track just to get a feel for the car.

Matt
Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 PM

Last edited by MCC; 11-30-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 PM

i cant even begin to fathom the amount of money in this build.....Looks amazing to say the least! looks like the most sanitary build ive ever seen.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:44 AM

I managed to make some small progress, I found out that Mike used a product called Dyna-spray on the interior floors from dynamat,on the wheel houses and under dash/firewall. Its suppose to be a water base ceramic spray on deal that resists heat and noise and has rust inhibitors. It leaves a nice undercoating type finish. So I spent four nights rolling out the second skin damplifier product in the doors and front part of the quarters, wheelhouses and floors/firewall. Mike already had the roof skin dynamated prior to welding.This should knock the tinny sound down a bit. Its tedious putting that stuff down.

Installed the sport mirrors

And Installed the Marquez tail light housings, of course being the amateur that I am, I never gave these housings to Mike to fit in the repro tail pan. They were off by a full millimeter to fit in the holes. Luckily my work gives me access to some nice computor controlled mills/bridgeports. The radius's in those things are tougher than you think, but we got it done. I always do things the hard way.

Thats it for now, Im trying to get the body buttoned up a bit before I move on to the mechanics- Rich
Old 05-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Rich..... LQQKIN good keep the pic's coming!!!