Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2014, 04:32 PM

Default Street & Performance Headers for 1st Gen Camaro

Anyone have experience with or running Street & Performance Mid Length Headers for a 1st gen Camaro? They are 1-3/4" tubes to a 3" collector with v-clamp to run on the LSX454 in my Camaro.

I have been given a set if I want them to swap out the Dynatechs. I could improve ground clearance and tuck the exhaust way up to lower my car another 1/4-1/2" but I am concerned with going to mid-length tubes and the primary diameter. We used Ultimate Headers on our 1973 Trans Am 416 LS3 which we are very pleased but they are 1-7/8" and received some great feedback on their performance which was gave us confidence when we made the change.

The S&P header flanges are stainless steel and the primary tubes/collector are made of 14g steel. They ceramic coat them inside and outside. Claim improved torque with more back pressure but little loss of top end HP is a concern or is it? Would be interested on thoughts and opinions of the S&P product.

1973 Trans Am "KLRBRD"
1969 Camaro SOLD
2014 Stingray Z51 SOLD

Old 11-25-2014, 11:08 PM

Just curious, why aren't you using the ultimate headers again? I'm considering them for my LS swap in my 69 Camaro. I've heard nothing but good things about them and hear that they produce great power compared to long tubes.

Last edited by Carbo; 11-25-2014 at 11:11 PM. Reason: more info