Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Community Events
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM

Default Week End Up Date

Gonna try and keep this short and sweet.

On Saturday went to Thunderhill to try the new set up. As most you know I added Vette Z06 wheels all around which required 2" spacers up front and 1 1/2" in the rear. Mini tubbed the rear for some 315's from 275's and kept the 275's up front. Added a Fays 2 watts link. I went from Stock lower control arms to Global West to match the uppers. I replaced upper ball joints and basically rebuilt the front end suspension in preperation for Buttonwillow on Sept. 17 & 18.

The car ran like a fricken truck. The rear watts set up was awesome but I had major issues up front.

Luckily the guys I parked next to had the fully equipped tractor trailor pulled race car set up trailor and helped me re-do my front alignment. We had to make some custom shims to add more camber and with the help of their Long Acre Toe Plates and digital caster camber tools I finally got a decent run on the last session after missing two sessions trying to dial the car in. Car still does not feel like it's where it needs to be but that work will continue on Wednesday.

The Global West lower arms actually raised the car about 1 1/4" up front and I could definitley feel it all around the track and especially braking into turn one at about 140 mph.

On Sunday, my sponsor (Dreamspeed) set up tent at a killer car show out in the Bay Area (San Mateo) and I had a gorgeous gal take some photos with my car.

I'll try and post some pic's and vid when I can but would like to add a thank you to Brian and Vince from Dreamspeed, Allen(Zbugger) for helping out at the car show.

Dan from this site(you have a sweet ride, congratulations for taking home the first place award in the Pro-Touring car division!!), Mike Provee(didn't get to meet you but your car looks great!! Heard some great news about your car at the night show at the fair grounds but I'm not supposed to say any thing yet)

Last edited by Track Junky; 08-14-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 AM

Gaetano,

Wish I could have been there, but a family B'Day party took my priorities, I would have liked to meet you, and been able to hang out with everyone.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM

Nice to meet you in person Gaetano, I can appreciate all that work in your ride. Especially since it's a real steel Camaro!

Mike, your car is beautiful. The quality of the interior is amazing, making me wish for something better in my own ride.

I was flattered Dreamspeed asked me to park at their tent. Great bunch of people.

Waiting for photos.....

1969 Chevrolet Camaro
DSE/SDPC-LS7/T56/FORGELINE/BAER/VAPORWORX/
/DAKOTA-DIGITAL/RECARO/MOMO/
/MSP-FAB/BLACKTECH/
Old 08-17-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdprovee View Post
Gaetano,

Wish I could have been there, but a family B'Day party took my priorities, I would have liked to meet you, and been able to hang out with everyone.
Mike, first time I'd ever seen your Camaro in person. Truly beautiful car. I cant wait to retire my car from the track and have an interior as nice as yours.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgasman View Post
Nice to meet you in person Gaetano, I can appreciate all that work in your ride. Especially since it's a real steel Camaro!

Mike, your car is beautiful. The quality of the interior is amazing, making me wish for something better in my own ride.

I was flattered Dreamspeed asked me to park at their tent. Great bunch of people.

Waiting for photos.....
Truly awesome car Dan!! Congrats on the first place for the Pro-Touring division!!

One of these days my interior will be as nice as you'rs and Mike's.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:37 PM

So I talked to a guy who was at this car show and said the "model" was laying all over your car not really caring about her jewelry and piercings. And when she went to stand by the grey Camaro, a woman told her to get away from that car. something to that effect....

So where are the pics of this girl?
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgasman View Post

Waiting for photos.....
Heard your car is very nice Dan. Wish I woulda known about this show!
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 PM

Thats guys for the compliments I look forward to meeting you both. I am going to try and get down to buttonwillow, at least to watch.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 AM

I have no photographic evidence

Stupid me had a camera in my pocket but I failed to shoot one pic!

The model was was informed to be careful around all of our cars. The photographer was just asking her to "give it her all!"

Oh the pressure!!

She didn't hurt anything.

Looks like I'll be at the Dreamspeed booth for Horses to Horsepower on October 2 at Sequoia High School

http://www.horsestohorsepower.net/index.html

Another show is pending for September 25 in SSF

1969 Chevrolet Camaro
DSE/SDPC-LS7/T56/FORGELINE/BAER/VAPORWORX/
/DAKOTA-DIGITAL/RECARO/MOMO/
/MSP-FAB/BLACKTECH/
Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
So I talked to a guy who was at this car show and said the "model" was laying all over your car not really caring about her jewelry and piercings. And when she went to stand by the grey Camaro, a woman told her to get away from that car. something to that effect....

So where are the pics of this girl?
We're still waiting on pics but when she asked me if I could lay here or lay there I basically told her "you can do what ever you want, ."

Until she attempted to climb on the roof