Try -- YOU'RE
Maybe Charlie means he owns you? As in the possessive 'your'

Old 09-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
Maybe Charlie means he owns you? As in the possessive 'your'

I have to TRY to be nice to him - he has the '33....

Too bad it doesn't leak. LOL
Old 09-24-2015, 03:39 PM

Thanked 1,267 Times in 479 Posts

I spun it once in the years I owned it. For years it was one of the faster cars at the Shelby club events. Very easy to go fast in it. I sell it to and suddenly it is a POS with all junk parts and unsafe to drive with built in spin cycle. I think the roadster has 4 flat tires.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill View Post
I spun it once in the years I owned it. For years it was one of the faster cars at the Shelby club events. Very easy to go fast in it. I sell it to and suddenly it is a POS with all junk parts and unsafe to drive with built in spin cycle. I think the roadster has 4 flat tires.

My guess is - having owned more than a few cars over the years.... that these things don't happen "suddenly".... They do, however, need regular maintenance... and inspection... The car was at LEAST 10 years old by the time I bought it... things do wear and fail.

I could have just replaced the shocks (a couple of which were beyond simple failure) and all the bushings (the rears were completely frozen)... and the cracked ball joint... and called it good. That's not my MO.

Let's just let it go, and say the car is improved, and I love it, and I'm glad I bought it. And I stole it, and you can't have it back.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:09 PM

So back to the db deal.... I know the lotus has tripped the level before and Bob with his straight piped Pantera is loud. Is this a big deal that brings out cars that don't normally run or are usually restricted? Any idea what your buddies NASCAR or Chet's mustang db is?

I wonder if your mustang is any quieter with the reworked suspension....
Old 09-24-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
So back to the db deal.... I know the lotus has tripped the level before and Bob with his straight piped Pantera is loud. Is this a big deal that brings out cars that don't normally run or are usually restricted? Any idea what your buddies NASCAR or Chet's mustang db is?

I wonder if your mustang is any quieter with the reworked suspension....

The Lotus has a very high pitched exhaust -- and will trip the 103 db limit at Thunderhill.... I had to modify the exhaust to point UP and AWAY from the sound meter which is placed low in turn 15 there...

105 db at Laguna Seca IS a big deal - because they have very few "higher" sound limit days. OUSCI day was like a 93db limit -- that is STOCK CORVETTE sound. The big deal is that this is a track people love to run -- and NOT having to worry about sound is "nice".

I'm always blown away that the Cup cars that run with us can make sound -- when they fire up - it scares you! LOL... somehow that deep throaty sound gets away with the 103 limit at Thill.

I remember Charlie having to mod the exhaust on his '66 Mustang to pass sound...

The whole suspension discussion on the Mustang has been hashed to death... it was time for an upgrade and it got it. End of story. I loved the car before and love it more now. Done.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:42 PM

Nobody should read anything into our "banter".... I ran the Mustang for a couple of seasons before deciding to change the suspension! I had a blast driving it... it wasn't until I bought the Lotus that I even "thought" about doing anything to the Mustang.... once in there - we found lots of old worn out stuff... well DUH! The car was built in '99 or '98... WTF would anyone expect to find! 10 years of running the crap out of it... yeah... shocks and things get old and tired.

The other thing I sometimes feel like I fail to point out --- is that Sutton made the car EASIER to drive... he didn't make it (or set it up) to be the FASTEST... it's set up to be easy to drive and to be able to make mistakes and be able to recover from them.

Last edited by GregWeld; 09-24-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:30 PM

Thanked 1,267 Times in 479 Posts

Stielow liked how it drove.....I rest my case.....................So did Jody....I rest my case again......

Stay tuned for pics of Welds parted out roadster.......when it arrives.....
Old 09-24-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill View Post
Stielow liked how it drove.....I rest my case.....................So did Jody....I rest my case again......

Stay tuned for pics of Welds parted out roadster.......when it arrives.....

Wait..... HOW many years ago was that?? Oh yeah -- I bought the car FOUR years ago...
Old 09-24-2015, 08:42 PM

I remember the creativity being done at Laguna for the Optima deal, just wasn't sure what the number was.

As far as the banter, I get it and understand the bromance around here....I'd like to think I wouldn't jump on any real drama....well, maybe talk about the Miata.

Sounds like a great event and a good time with friends for the holiday, enjoy!