Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 12-20-2019, 07:59 AM

Default Child with Tic/Tourette Syndrome

Hello All, I am reaching out to my car world to see if anyone has ever had to deal with tic/Tourette syndrome?

My 8 year daughter has began suffering a pretty intense neck tic over the past year and it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to process. She is an extremely positive kid with a huge personality. This is not slowing her down one bit until it starts to cause back and neck muscle pain. We have recently tried a diet change in hopes of reducing the number of tics she has but it is not helping. we also spoke with one neurologist that just wanted to put her on medication. we have a few more appointments with others in an effort to seek alternative methods.

Just needed to vent a little and see if any of you wonderful people out there have had to deal with anything like this.

Thank you,
Paul
Old 12-20-2019, 10:39 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Well, my empathy is with you. I kinda know how difficult this is. Few years back, wifey and I were the hosts for 5 years for my daughters youth group from Church. A young girl, we knew well, had this pretty severely. I truly saw two miracles from God during this time. Not healing miracles, but true love and support from the surrounding children (we went from JR high to graduation).

This may sound bazaar, but try reading Greg's thread about the CBD treatments. There are dozens of different types (non-narcotic) and its very homeopathic, but also a lot of unknowns.

Have a Merry Christmas, Mike
Old 12-21-2019, 08:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Depending on severity, there are options other than getting all drugged up. My wife has dystonia which makes her neck muscles contract uncontrollably pulling her head backwards
and receives botox shots in her neck every three months. Much better than being in a drug induced fog and she has had great success with it.
I wish your daughter well, better days will come. Just make sure you find a doctor that is capable and that you trust. It took us a while, but makes all the difference in the world.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:17 PM

I had something similar when I was about her age and the doctors gave the same diagnosis/treatment. The meds had the same affect and my parents refused to have me walking around in that state so we went to a family friend who was a chiropractor. Turns out it was a pinched nerve in my neck and after ongoing treatment, the tic became almost non-existent with no meds whatsoever. To this day I still go to a chiropractor for periodic adjustments and while they’re not all created equal, if you can seek out someone you have trust and confidence in, it may make all the difference. As someone else said on here, I’ve heard of good results from CBD oil as well and there brands out there (I’m familiar with the Zilis brand) that have 0% THC.

Link to my 68 Camaro build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Link to my 67 Nova build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57769