Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 04-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Great to see Brian's work join the site. If He doesn't build the Nova/Camaro hybrid on his site, someone here needs to! It's a brilliant styling exercise that shouldn't be too hard to build.
Check it out! I guarantee you will be shopping 2nd gen Novas and 69 Camaro replacement sheetmetal as soon as you leave Brian's site!
Brian, If I knew you were pulling an all-nighter, I would have shot you a call since everytime, i think about calling, it's 3 hours too late on your side.
Jason
Old 04-14-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR
Great to see Brian's work join the site. If He doesn't build the Nova/Camaro hybrid on his site, someone here needs to! It's a brilliant styling exercise that shouldn't be too hard to build.
Check it out! I guarantee you will be shopping 2nd gen Novas and 69 Camaro replacement sheetmetal as soon as you leave Brian's site!
Brian, If I knew you were pulling an all-nighter, I would have shot you a call since everytime, i think about calling, it's 3 hours too late on your side.
Jason
Fear not about late-night calls... I'm ususally thinking "If I call now, I can wake him up!"
I'd be up to help out anyone looking to build the Camaro/Nova monster... I've measured, plotted... OK, and procrastinated for years now on this thing, and would almost kill to see it come to life! (I'm thinking that "Procrastination Touring" isn't going to take off anytime too soon... It's filled my garage with dreams... and stuff from swap meets, etc)...
Thanks for the plug, man... we'll talk soon (and I'll take my Ritalin ahead of time...)
Old 04-14-2006, 08:47 PM

Looks good Brian and Scott!

Damn I hope we can make the cars look as good as the renderings...
Old 04-14-2006, 11:01 PM

I've been looking into doing that for a few years with my 70 Nova. I have a ton of old sketches looking at using either a 68 or 69 rs. I actually bought an entire front clip to take measurements from and see what I could do. It is definitely feasible but I personally like the styling of the Nova aside from the big blocky bumpers. I'm now going in the direction similar to what you see on the artwork page that I did. Though I'm on the fence about integrating smoothed 68 Camaro bumpers.

What I discovered is that you can blend the surfaces easily on paper but when it comes to cutting and fitting the sheetmetal...that's a different story. The 69 is particularly difficult because it has those trailing character lines behind the wheel wells that run through the doors and they don't line up too well with the stock body lines of the Nova. Of course...nothing's impossible...all it takes is time and money!

I'd love to see someone else do that...it would be a cool look.

Ben

Hermance Design
My Facebook
Old 04-15-2006, 10:15 AM

I agree, Ben ... the hardest part would be up near the cowl, and the front of the doors would require major surgery... Adding the character lines through the doors, and into the quarters would take a ton of time, but, with the right sheetmetal sponsor and enough time.....
Been looking into doing this since high school... I think the design just needs a bit of refinement, and it's feasable. Your take on the idea is so slick, I keep staring at it in amazement... very subtle, yet full of impact!

...and Jeff, with you and Jason working your magic, I think the renderings will pale in comparison to the real deal!
Old 04-15-2006, 05:32 PM

Great artwork .

David