Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Help, Feedback and Testing > Vendor/Member Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,455 Times in 629 Posts

Here is Bret's reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
The customer placed an order for a compressor kit with PTS on December 21.

PTS did not place an order for a compressor kit with RideTech until January 13.

PTS has not paid for this order. Although we are out of compressors at this particular moment in time, we could have, and still can ship the remainder of the order at any time. Since PTS has not paid for any of the order, we have not shipped any of the order.

RideTech has now terminated the PTS RideTech dealership and cancelled his remaining orders because PTS has taken customers money for RideTech products and not placed the order with us.

We have no capacity to recover the customer’s money from PTS. Only the customer can recover a refund from PTS.

Although all PTS orders have been cancelled, we will honor the original PTS order date of January 13 for this customer to put his order at the head of the line for compressors when they arrive. [Darren has a compressor set back for this customer now]

Another magnifying problem is that the customer cannot identify exactly what he ordered from PTS. Standard compressor kit? AirPod? 5 gallon AirPod? Because of that we cannot identify which PTS order might be his, nor do we know exactly what to send him.

We cannot ship product until it is paid for.

This customer has been in contact with Danny at RideTech, again through this forum, and then Darren at RideTech. This has not expedited the situation, it has hindered it. Now we have [at least] 3 people spending time trying to accomplish the same thing. More is not better.

At this point I am at a standstill until the customer offers a credit card to pay for the system. I can only assume that this will not happen until and unless he gets a refund from PTS for the money he sent to them previously.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank

Last edited by camcojb; 02-29-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 AM

I went to my bank that issued my Visa card and filled out some kind of complaint form to get refunded from PTS. They (my bank) immediately refunded the money I paid PTS and I guess then Visa nows goes after Perry for the $1250. I don't know how that part of all this works, I just know my cc balance is $1250 less. I did this after calling Perry and leaving about 4 voice mails w/o a return call for a few days. He actually did call me back (friday night) to tell me that he had a problem returning my money by paypal because the original transaction wasnt made on paypal. I told perry to not send me a refund as i was refunded by Visa and i guess now Visa will do whatever they do to get the money from him. I have no idea. Whatever. I've talked to a few people on this site about Perry and it seems they've gotten refunds (at least the ones i;ve talked to). And i don't doubt he would have returned my money too. It's just that he was too late getting back to me and I went to Visa when i thought he disappeared.
And Bret-I told darren it was just a ride pro e3 with the remotes (part of the december sale), i didnt know your part # or wether it was a 5gal or 3 gal tank when i was on the phone w darren. I knew it wasnt an air pod. That's all.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:09 AM

My problem with Air Ride goes back about 3 weeks when I talked to Danny at Air Ride and Perry on the same day when all this compressor delay talk was going on. Danny told me that I in fact, did have an order in at Air Ride and i was just waiting for a compressor. I talked to Perry the same day and he said I can refund your money today if you don't want to wait for the order. I said no (because i talked to Danny and was assured I had an order with my name on it) because i thought whatever issues Air Ride had with PTS were resolved for the few pending orders. Then two weeks later Darren at Air Ride tells me, no, i dont have any order with them. That's my biggest problem. What happened in the two weeks from when Danny told me he saw my order til when Darren told me, sorry, get your money back from PTS? THen i bacame irate because I had a chance to get my money back two weeks prior and i said no i still want the order filled and waiting wasn't a big issue. So, two different people at Air Ride told me two different things. That's where my displeasure stems. Not from Perry or when the order was ultimately placed or waiting on compressors. Two contacts, two different stories. Thats my rant.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 AM

And weren't all of those december orders drop shipped because Air Ride was offering free shipping at the time? Or were they supposed to be shipped to the dealer then to the customer? Shipped two times and still no cost to the customer?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,455 Times in 629 Posts

Bret's reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret
It is amazing to me that the person/company (Perry Price/PTS) who has stolen a customers money, has repeatedly lied, and continues to be unreachable is held in higher regard than a company who had continued to try to get the customer their correct parts (RideTech). Truly amazing

I have nothing for this...I am comfortable in the fact that RideTech has done everything we can, or could have done. Since the customer has retrieved their money (forcibly) from PTS, I will consider the matter closed.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 03-04-2012, 07:36 PM

I'm forever done with PTS and Air Ride. No transaction is worth this much trouble.