Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 11-05-2017, 09:26 AM

Paul I assume the clevis is going into the manual hole (top) in the brake pedal, at least that is where it lines up. Also I was planning on going to the reservoir vice the tee fitting for the low pressure bleed line but it is higher than the fitting on the pump. Does that make a difference?
Old 11-05-2017, 05:03 PM

Working alone I got the unit mounted, and two of the three lines completed. To get the one from the steering pump I need to remove the pulley so next Friday it should be good to go. Just need someone to help me over the weekend to bleed it. I need to order a new fuel line as well.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Default Making progress - it is now bolted in !

Hi Kevin - yes, this particular Hydratech manual to power brake conversion system #3007 / 3507 that you have is indeed designed to connect to the top hole in your brake pedal (the hole that you have been using in your previous manual brake scenario). I sent you a few tech PM's on the low pressure return line fitting connection. You are only returning about 2 tablespoons +/- of PS fluid "back home" to the PS reservoir every time you let off of the brakes, so it can technically be located anywhere you want to put the return line connection, which is why it will even work appropriately using the T fitting method.

It sounds like you're getting closer and closer, but it (sucks) to hear that your arrangement is forcing you to yank the PS pulley off of the pump to make the high pressure PS output line connection, and then having to rework your fuel line for a power brake scenario versus the previous manual brake package. If you get the new MC bench bled out properly, you CAN gravity bleed the brake system yourself by the way... But, maybe, just maybe, you might be able to take your beast out for a healthy pound session this weekend and enjoy some absolutely wicked braking (which makes the brake pedal just as much fun as the gas pedal) (!)

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 11-06-2017, 04:56 AM

Thanks Paul all is good just a little more time. I used the Tee fitting. Kevin
Old 11-13-2017, 01:45 AM

update? I've gone through this whole thread LOL.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:15 PM

BINGO! I have brakes and it is awesome. The feel is progressive at first then WHAM it clamps down. So I got on the "beast" this weekend for another shake down and breaking in the brake pads and it was a great to know I could get on it and not worry about the brakes. I will tell you Paul and his team behind this post was awesome with their technical advise and I fee their customer service, if required will be great as well. Finally this has been a long road, would have been easier if Wilwood and a few other "experts" would have told me earlier that C4 brakes and a manual MC do not work!!. . Many thanks to all that have posted, this was a long painful trip with such an easy part of my build.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Thumbs up Downright astounding, isn't it?

Quote:
BINGO! I have brakes and it is awesome.

I know you had quite the smile on your face (finally) standing your C3 on its nose when commanded after blasting down your favorite "test areas" (yes officer, I'm just testing and tuning my car with some new safety improvements I've recently installed to make sure all is proper while handing him your license and military ID with a neatly folded $100 bill loosely attached to the backside LOL).

Further back in this discussion we talked about military pilots landing fighter jets on aircraft carriers being "tail hooked", and how you better damn make sure you were buckled in properly. How is your front to rear brake balance seem to be behaving so far? Sometimes the C4 brake systems end up with not enough rear brake activity as compared to the fronts, and this is typically a matter of proper emergency brake adjustment (as the C4 rear calipers have the e-brake built into them). If you are not getting enough rear brake involvement, apply some pressure to the brake pedal, hold it, and then cycle your emergency brake lever about 10-15 times (while holding pressure on the brake pedal) - this will "ratchet up" the rear brake calipers to provide more involvement in overall braking actions - adjust your e-brake cable(s) up as / if needed. They will usually always eventually catch up to the front brakes with further road use (but you've got some serious rubber back there!). With that much rubber back there, you may even have to get some more aggressive pads in the rear to utilize all of that traction you have (but then they will dust like all hell)...

This scenario reminds me of "Casper the white ghost" - an older well to do gentleman with a nitrous big block powered '84 C4 Vette about 17 years ago. It was funny, but the poor guy was bleeding and laughing at the same time. He had tried everything he knew to do to try to get his Vette to stop - performance pads, vacuum canister / pump, later model larger Vette Grand Sport rotors and calipers... All the usual stuff... I installed a Hydratech system in his Vette, road tested it a day to make sure the ABS and everything was happy, then handed him the keys with a warning. He blazed down the industrial drive full bore then whaled down on the brakes. He wasn't buckled in properly and blazed himself against the steering wheel quite hard resulting in a "blunt force trauma" over his eyebrow, but laughing like a little kid while swabbing the blood from his forehead. I warned him before handing him his keys, and watched the whole thing happen. Here he comes at WOT, then stands on the brakes full blast ABS kicking in fiercely and him all folded up inside of the vehicle from not being buckled down - ouch! It sure caught him way off guard (DOH!)

If you like your system now, wait until you get a couple hundred miles on it to get everything settled in!

There IS a difference - Thank you for choosing Hydratech!

www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 11-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Talking How about some pics?

E-mail them to us if needed - we can resize them appropriately and host them on our server.

www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 11-18-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydratech View Post

E-mail them to us if needed - we can resize them appropriately and host them on our server.

I will retry tomorrow.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:25 PM

actually washed and waxed the car for the pics and now my phone will not let me fwd them. Working it