Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 AM

Ths coupe is turning out real nice!
I'd be interested in getting one of the resin ones when you get them done.

I have one in my stash from several years ago, made by a company called "All American Models". They offered an LX hatch and a coupe. Bought one of each but I don't think they are available anymore.

However, from what I remember your's looks a LOT better than these others!
Especially in the front end!

Keep us posted! It's looking great!

Steve
PS_There is a guy in my local club that does resin casting of aircraft. I'll send him this link and see if he is interested.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 AM

alright guys. This thing is complete. All that is left is to hit it with some urethane clear to make sure it is 100% smooth for the mold. I found out having the mold is going to be much more cost effective than I first thought. We are looking at a price of about $25 plus shipping. As of right now that is an estimate. I'll have to re-assess that once I have the mold done but I can guarantee it won't top $30 plus the shipping charges. As of right now this is body only. When I complete my first build up of one of these, There should be an interior tub available as well. I'll have a look at the GT/Cobra and vert interiors before I ship this out so I can give you guys an idea of what parts will be needed. If you are interested in one of these, seriously, then please e-mail me at [email protected] . The way this is going to work is the guy that is making the mold will be doing my casting. I'll tell him how many I need then he will cast them and send them out. So from the time of purchase you are looking at about a 2 week turn around.

Artwork Page
Old 09-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Alright, the long awaited finish shot. this thing is complete. All that is left to do on my end is to sort out the glass issues. I will be sending this off Monday or Tuesday to have the mold made. Bodies should be available the first or second week of September. If you want to order, and are SERIOUS, please e-mail me at [email protected] You are looking at $25 plus shipping. Due to the upfront cost of casting, I will require pre-payment, with a 1 to 2 week processing time. I am going to order no less than 10 bodies at a time (hopefully) from my caster, this will cut down on shipping expenses for me to recieve the bodies. PayPal and MO are the only methods I'll accept unless you are local. It will include the body, hood (the hood will be molded with the body, I am planning on removing the hood from each body so you don't have to mess with it.), Side Mirrors, Rear Glass and quarter windows. I've not sorted out the tail lights yet so you may be on your own for that one.

Here is what will be required to make a kit of this. I am going to recommend using the Lowrider/Vert kit from Revell as the interior tub is closer to what you will need. It will take some modification though, in the form of a rear package shelf. It will require you to remove the inner fender/firewall area from the vert body and attach it to the resin coupe body, this can be done with CA or epoxy.

I hope to throw together some general instructions for working with the resin, the steps needed to finish the kit, and a list of parts needed and include it with each body.

Artwork Page
Old 06-26-2008, 12:48 PM

I haven't updated this in quite some time. The body went out for the mold, but came back in about 5 pieces with no mold. The two halves fused together entoumbing my master. as it was removed it unfortunately broke apart.

I have since got it all put back together and sent back to my caster to have a new mold made. Hopefully things will go smoothly this time around and I will be able to sell re-pops of this body.

Artwork Page