Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-06-2004, 11:03 PM

Charley-
Thanks for responding to this. I am pleased to hear that 600hp is a blast for track days. I want a managable car for all around use, and I think I have the perfect combo. I for one have never driven a car with more than 550 hp, and that was INSANE.
I don't have any on track driving experince, so I want to be able to drive my own car for testing. I am sure the pleasure of having it done, along with loads of power to keep the competition at bay will be enough to make me smile for years to come.

Stuart- You responded as I did, so I needed to add you into this-
Did you drive the car before DSE got a hold of it? If so, is it easier to drive now that the power levels are lower? I would think not having to work 110% on keeping the car sticking to the pavement in the intended direction would be a good thing.

I agree about upgrading later- If I get used to the power of the car, and I feel it could use a shot in the arm, a set of turbos could be retro-fitted. Just look at the Mule. It has about 1/2 the room up front as I do in 50/50 (7" engine setback) and W2W still managed a great package that works as great as it looks.
Kurt at Wheel 2 Wheel will be handling my 302 crossram LS1 engine setup in house. I have no doubt in my mind that the engine will produce the power I want reliably.

What do you guys think about the chassis excess? Is there an over kill for a PT car?
Tyler

Last edited by Teetoe_Jones; 12-06-2004 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:10 AM

Thanked 1,267 Times in 479 Posts

Stuarts Yellow car before detuning was a car you had to really pay attention to when playing with the throttle. Having Kurt at W2W do your engine is a great decision. I had a 02 ZL1 with a 600 hp C5R and it hauled ass and sounded great and got great mileage......And you have no track experience ? I'll race you.......
Old 12-07-2004, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetoe_Jones
What do you guys think about the chassis excess? Is there an over kill for a PT car?
Tyler

I don't really think so, Tyler. Just as long as it isn't something that you really don't like the feel of, i think it's fine. Having tuneable parts is only something that you can learn to appreciate. After tuning the Koni's on my buddy's Honda, I really want to be able to adjust my chassis more. It's just another little thing that I'll have to learn to do. While I've only had the opportunity to drive upto 400-450 hp, that car could have done with more suspension. There are little things you can do on the street to make sure that you have a good setup. Jsut don't do it in traffic. I don't. Suspension and chassis excess can be fun, just as long as you know how to tune it.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill
Get the car finished Teetoe, without turbos and you will be done sooner and still have fun. If anybody wants a fun track car just copy the Thrasher.
Oh look--The little voice is a chorus.

Ridetech.com
Old 12-07-2004, 05:41 PM

Tyler - I told you a long time ago that I don’t see any point in twin turbos and 800 hp if you can’t get traction and manage to keep the car under control. I’m not knocking turbos but I am knocking those who build their car so that they can’t possibly control them. Build a bas ass car that can pull some numbers on the track and do it for a decent price and …bada bing, we are all impressed. I’m impressed with Malitude, Thrasher, Mule, etc. because of the work that went into the cars. Show me a car that can keep up with them and drive 2k miles on a cruise and I’m messin’ my drawers.

Here’s one for you. Upper control arms. I am a fabricator. I know the cost on these parts. I also know that negative chamber is the desired end result. Guldstrand modification also achieves this – for free. If you want the look and light weight of tubular a-arms go to the local speed shop and buy some for $45.00 each (Howe – I think is the mfg). Now I know I’m gona get fired at by saying that, but if the end result (to throw down some fast laps) is the desired goal and you only have so much to work with, what’s the harm in going this direction? It isn’t cheep thinking it’s all about going fast and having a blast doing it.