Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Administrator

How about a C5R 427 or having an LS1 sleeved to go to 427? Now THAT would be cool. I'm sure Howard Tanner (Novacane) can tell you all the ins and outs of that setup.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 12-06-2004, 07:58 AM

I like balance. Tyler's car has so much great stuff that it will stand on it's own merits due to it's design points.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:39 AM

i am not involved at all with your 50/50 project, but not all car's are created for turbo's, it may take away from the affect of the car's image......i believe money could be spent in better ways sometimes.........although i truly love anything turbo charged, the work i have seen come from this site, is nothing less then awesome.........so if you feel no turbo's for your car, then so be it......your car will still be awesome..................just my .02, hotwheels
1989 mustang coupe 4 cyl.
1980 mustang coupe 4 cyl.
MY MUSTANG ENTHUSIASTS SITE
Insanemustangs
Old 12-06-2004, 10:13 AM

Cool My opinion........

Tyler,

Your goals of a well rounded killer machine can be done w/o add ons. Remember that your main goal is to run for Street Machine of the Year and turbos or a supercharger won't influence the judges. It will be about design, balance, execution, and finish.

Your car WILL be an unbelieveable car w/o the biggest tires, the biggest brakes, the biggest displacement or the turbos or a supercharger. It is a wicked creation even with the stock motor, but I know that you won't be content with that.

Do it clean, do it right and the the awards, press and fans will slober over it!

PS:

You can always add the "add-ons" later once the body kits start selling like they will!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:46 AM

Its your car, do what will make you happy because you have to live with it and drive it. 50/50 to me is defined by its outward apearance. I know you will do whatever it takes to back it up on the street and at the track. Second thoughts are not always good because they can lead to indecision which almost always adds more money and time. I know because I have done it several times with my 68 project. Changing your mind is not a bad thing either, it just shows us your thinking and that there may be a better way than joining the growing TT crowd. (nothing against TT cars, I like them alot)

Steve, I like the idea of a thread dedicated to what a balanced car should be since so many killer cars are being built with wretched excess.

Mike
Old 12-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetoe_Jones
Guys,
Before I ask this question, I'd like it to say here, and not wander over to PT.com.
That being said, who is going to hate me if 50/50 does not get a twin turbo engine?
I am thinking it is not needed for the power level I want to achieve. After a great talk with Steevo, we have decided that less is more for this car. No 345 rear tires, no 900hp engine, possibly no turbos. I want to put the hurt on some cars that have the 365/30/YR/18 rear tires, 1125 hp engines, and ultra custom suspensions, and I'd like to do it with a nice proven, non exotic setup. I think my car has enough cool features, so it not having 2 squirrels under the hood isn't going to hurt the finished product, especially if I lay the smack down on the TT cars.
What are your thoughts on this matter?
Tyler

I think the answer to your question is nobody
Old 12-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I'd hate you...

For being able to produce an awesome car and have the option to choose whether or not to built it TT or N/A. I'm just kidding about hating you BTW, i say build it the way you want. It's your car and you are the one that is going to need to be satisfied with what you build. Either way you go this car will be awesome!

William
Old 12-06-2004, 02:09 PM

Default .

do you think you would redesign the front spoiler? because you don't need the opening for an intercooler. i've always liked turbo cars, but you have so much custom stuff on it already i don't think not having turbos would detract from it at all. its going to be killer either way.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:10 PM

LS1s are such awesome motors Tyler, it would be pretty easy to achieve your HP/TQ goals w/out the hairdryers. It's also going to retain some element of refinement under the hood by not bombarding onlookers with a maze of plumbing and clutter. In fact, it may just be that touch that favors inspiration over impossibility for those looking it over as well. Your project name not only implies the duality of the cars being used for the build but also implies equal balance, not excess......I think this is a good move for you Tyler.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:15 PM

I think a car is what defines you the most these days, that's why we sometimes have to make tough choices, but only you know how you want your car to be like, and how you want to feel while driving it. So that said, anyway you'll take, you and we will know it's a great car, the greatest it could be.

And I think an awesomly throttle responsive N/A LS1 would be a cool choice Gentlemen, choose your ride