Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Sorry for the long delay, guys! I'll have some more pictures soon.

I gave Shawn the car for Christmas and he LOVED it. He can't stop talking about it and is unbelievably thankful to everyone who helped out.

He immediately made some phone calls and found someone to do the metalwork on the car, and last Saturday we took it over and dropped it off to get the work done.

The engine should be done by the end of the month and the body should be done shortly thereafter. Then the paint comes and the car starts assembly!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:29 PM

Sorry for the long delay, guys. Work has been a bit slow on it, but it is coming along. The guy doing the metal work had some other work he had to get out, but he's been working on the Camaro as he has time to. He's finished up a ton of it. The trunk floor is fabbed and installed, the rear has been minitubbed 3", the rear seat area has been all fixed up, and he's now getting into finishing up the final welds, cleaning up some of the welds, filling in some seams, fixing a bunch of the gaps and things on the car, and basically getting it ready for me to start getting it ready for paint once it gets back to my shop.

Here are the pics!

And a picture I forgot to share with you from when I gave the car to Shawn
Old 09-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Sorry for the long delay guys, took a long time to get it back from metal work.

We got it back on Thursday and Shawn and I went to town sanding and grinding and getting the interior and trunk in primer. We started working on sanding and grinding the underbody, but ran out of time. I'm going to try and get it in primer tomorrow or Monday.

Pics of it primed and on the AutoTwirler rotisserie!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:22 PM

Another quick update! A guy on the FBN board has donated all the body and paint work! We're going to take the car down to him in the next few weeks. He's going to do all the finish welding, clean up all the body, straighten it, and spray primer and paint. It'll be ready for assembly when it gets back!

The end is in sight!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Car is headed for paint and body on Monday!

I realized as I was packing up the truck with the sheetmetal for the car that we don't have a trunk lid. Doh, forgot about that one.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Car is loaded on the trailer and packed to the hilt, headed out at 6am tomorrow for paint and body!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:14 PM

I just read the whole back story and think you are doing a really neat thing here. Finally off to body and paint, very cool. Looking forward to seeing the finished results.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Very cool....what color did he pick?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:02 AM

My camera was being stupid and wouldn't take pics when I got it to the shop, but here it is heading out! The guy working on it is going to send pics as he gets progress done!

We are going with Viper red.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:09 PM

Quick update from the guys doing the body work!