Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 06-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Love all you guys..... thank you all for the kind words.

WE (Lat Gr's) do not live miserable, feeble, little lives. WE (Lat Gr's) get up and kick ass.
Well said, Gregg.
WE(Lat G'rs) are all here to help each other to better navigate the curves. Both the ones in the road and the ones life throws your way!

Enjoy your upcoming seat time! Its going to be an awesome ride.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (07-02-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 06:55 PM

Glad to hear the positive news, Greg!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 07-25-2018, 09:07 PM

I logged in for the first time in years, literally just to see what Greg is up to, and I find this.

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch more sir. I even moved just a few hours away from you (I'm in Cache valley Utah now) and never called.

If the stars align, I need to come up there and say hello. Maybe spread some freedom seeds at the range.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:13 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Been about another month now..... and in my current world.... that's a long time.

People continue to ask "how am I".... and frankly -- I really just don't know. Some days are great some days suck.... some start off crappy and get better and some are the opposite. This morning when I got up at 5:30AM to let Stella and Rosie out.... I said to Gwen "I feel 100% today"..... by 10AM I said "I might have jumped the gun".

To be perfectly honest -- I have a drive out to Cali to the track with the new car... and instead of looking forward to it - I'm kinda starting to ask myself "why". But then.... I'll get out there and get jacked up - and then I'll fall apart. My point - when you have this crap -- and I'm pretty sure it's still there -- you just don't know hour by hour how you're going to feel.

Some times I wonder if I'm not just "depressed" after battling this crap for 2 years now. And other times I think -- ARE YOU KIDDING! I'VE BEEN WINNING FOR 2 YEARS so WTF.

Taking a 3/10th's dose of CBD only - every night (early evening) - and I get up every day and put my shoes on. My plan is to continue to do so.... until I can't.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattO View Post
I logged in for the first time in years, literally just to see what Greg is up to, and I find this.

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch more sir. I even moved just a few hours away from you (I'm in Cache valley Utah now) and never called.

If the stars align, I need to come up there and say hello. Maybe spread some freedom seeds at the range.
Yeah --- Hi Matt!

I was just down to St George and spent the night with Blake and Anita (SpeedTech for the unwashed - LOL)..... I love Utah !!

I just put away 2000 rds of Federal Match 77gr 223 that arrived today.... So maybe a range day tomorrow! Although - these days I prefer the 6.5...
Old 07-25-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah --- Hi Matt!

I was just down to St George and spent the night with Blake and Anita (SpeedTech for the unwashed - LOL)..... I love Utah !!

I just put away 2000 rds of Federal Match 77gr 223 that arrived today.... So maybe a range day tomorrow! Although - these days I prefer the 6.5...
I saw you putting some shots down range on YouTube! Pretty impressive!

I'm just starting to dip my toe into the shooting world. I'm definitely not ready to reach out to 1400+ yards like you, but if the zombies come, I'll hold my own lol

I just got off the phone with dad and he sends his best. If you make your way through my neck of the woods, let me know and I'll take some time off I've got some great stories to tell you now, having worked in a shop for the last 2 years. Maybe tell the tale of how a Miata broke my ankle at the race track (it knew karate)
Old 07-25-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattO View Post
I saw you putting some shots down range on YouTube! Pretty impressive!

I'm just starting to dip my toe into the shooting world. I'm definitely not ready to reach out to 1400+ yards like you, but if the zombies come, I'll hold my own lol

I just got off the phone with dad and he sends his best. If you make your way through my neck of the woods, let me know and I'll take some time off I've got some great stories to tell you now, having worked in a shop for the last 2 years. Maybe tell the tale of how a Miata broke my ankle at the race track (it knew karate)
Well those Miata's can be plenty pesky!!

Go to Projects section and check out the "weld/Sutton" track car build!!

XOXO to Dad! We'll catch up!
Old 07-26-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Some times I wonder if I'm not just "depressed" after battling this crap for 2 years now. And other times I think -- ARE YOU KIDDING! I'VE BEEN WINNING FOR 2 YEARS so WTF.
Depression is a greater monster than the C. Sometimes there is absolutely no reason for it and it comes anyway, it is horrible to have that cloud and know in the back of your mind that you don't truly feel that way. Confusing and energy draining. No amount of friends or conversations can fix it, but one thing that works a fair amount of the time is distraction... "pushing through it".

Your story, and your continued strength is giving hope to a lot more folks than you can imagine GW.

Jeff-
DBasher (07-26-2018), GregWeld (07-26-2018), jarhead (07-27-2018), WILWAXU (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 03:47 PM

Had a follow up call with the CannaNurse I use (she's super helpful and knowledgeable!) -- I use "KAREN" from CannaKids. You go to their website and you can schedule a call -- half hour is about $85 and that's all the time I need.

So I've been doing 3/10ths CBD only - take it around 5:30 before dinner -- that way I feel better when I wake up (early riser).... and I've been doing this since doing the BIG DOLLUP DEAL right after this last diagnosis.....

She wants me to ADD BACK the THC to a 1:1 basis --- until I get a "clear" scan result. Then just the CBD would be fine....

So after this next big car event --- The Missile at Thunderhill -- I'll start to work that back in to the mix. It's all just a big guessing game -- but I'm still walking and shifting gears --- and that's FAR ahead of where the pros had me by this time! So guess I'll just continue to carry on.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
DBasher (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 08:45 PM

I hate to see you going through this man. It's got to be extremely tough to stay positive. I still take the CBD once in a while to cool my jets and it doesn't take much to really relax me. With the dose you take, it's got to make you very tired all the time. That's likely part of the reason it works.

I'd be watching positive videos and reading positive books. Reflecting on old photos and experiences. Talking to those you love most or can make you laugh. Find ways to be productive. Writing down something you're grateful for first thing is a good way to start the day. Towards the end of 2017 I spent 65 days in a row doing that. Many days I had to fight through a piss poor attitude to get it done, but it nearly always changed my attitude for the better. Now I can go back and read those notes and it helps do the same thing. They've proven optimism helps your immune system.