Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Cooling: Radiators/Fans/Controllers
User Name
Password

Old 08-23-2018, 02:39 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default AC line "sweating"

So I just installed new EZ clip AC hose/fittings on the Firebird. Vacuumed and charged the system with refrigerant, using pressures on the low and high side as guides. Stopped when low side pressure is just under 20, and high side is just under 225 (ambient air temp was 95deg, forgot to check for humidity). Air temp at center vent was between 38-42 deg, using an infrared thermometer.

I noticed that the low pressure side hose started "sweating", with lots on condensation on the line. Is this normal? I did not pay attention with the old bead lock hose, so I don't know if the line was sweating back then or not. Should I insulate the line?

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:06 AM

the sweating is normal. make sure the cooling fans are working on high.
high side pressure is
great the low side pressure is to low and could freeze up. if the cooling fan are not on high you would see pressure like you have. if that the case when the fans are on high you would be able to put more 134A into the system and look for pressure of 225-250 on high side and 30-40 on low side and vet temps of 50-60. the oil in the system that protects the compressor is carried around the system by the Freon if there not enough Freon to carry the oil the compressor could be starved of oil and prematurely fail.
good luck I hope this helps