Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Goodguys Events
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.A View Post
I have to say this weekend was an absolute blast, and the autocross brought out a great group of people. The surface was ungodly slick and filled with tight turns. It was amazing watching everyone tune their cars and change their driving styles in search of the fastest time!
Yeah, absolutely fantastic weekend racing. Was super fun dogging it out all weekend with some of our fellow LG/PT guys and girls whom I have looked up to for a long time now. I learned a LOT this weekend and was proud to be on the board at all, let alone with such good company. Not sure how many times positions changed in SM but it seemed like a LOT and it was fun watching as we all whittled-away sometimes 100's of a second with each time out. Seemed everyone continued to get quicker but ultimately all within a few seconds of each other. It's a testament to our community how much we learn from the same people we are racing with.

I had a lot of fun tuning on the RideTech suspension. We realized very last minute that I needed some parts so Kyle at RideTech bought them out with him onboard his flight and handed them off to me Thursday night at the hotel. They even offered to fit them for me. Awesome customer service! We got the part fitted and were there for tech first thing Friday. During the weekend Bret is never far away to get his feedback on shock settings and the guys corner weighted my car. Thanks guys! Rebound is my friend :-)

Always great to hang with the same good folks after hours, break bread and drink each others beer. Got to spend some quality time with friends and met some new friends too. Thanks Suzy & Rodney for the hospitality and the introductions.

Thanks to everyone for helping make it a great time. Oh, and did I mention I had fun this weekend? Just sayin'

G.

Last edited by Gandalf; 04-20-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 PM

good times! Gregg did you notice that in our California Auto X camp site Friday and Saturday were the very same names that finished 1-7 in street machine and the number 1 driver in Pro class and some of the tops in pro, and tops spots in truck... along with some great manufactures..... It was awesome to have you, in the camp, I find that our camp nights are what its really about, good food, drink and friends!

Bangshift Stories
I’m not the smartest guy at the track … but when he goes home … I’m still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod P View Post
good times!

Mary in first place on a bike vs a PT Vette!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 AM

^^^^ a bike built and tuned by Fab53 none the less ^^^^
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67zo6Camaro View Post
^^^^ a bike built and tuned by Fab53 none the less ^^^^
Before this weekend I only knew about the cool cars, and metal works coming out of Fab53. After this weekend I come to find Fab53 is quite diversified, providing bicycles and umbrellas for the grid.

Now get a passenger seat! your car looked like so much fun sliding around those hair pins that I want a ride at the next event.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Agreed! This was a fantastic weekend full of cars and great people. The best part was getting to sit down and hang out with some great people that i walk by and smile at in the pits not really knowing who is who. Getting to hang out without trying to keep track of who ran what was a real treat. I see a tradition in the making!
I would also like to say that we had 3 Newman Car Creations vehicles in top 3 spots.
Greg Thurmond's 65 Vette won SM
Me in the 55 Chevy took 3rd in SM
Dave Wheeler's 57 Chevy Truck took 2nd in the Truck class. Great weekend for Car Creations!

If you were not there where is what it looked like from inside the wagon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOIaFt5X1s
57 Chevy wagon Newman Car Creations chassis, C4 front and independent rear, LT1, T56
www.newmancarcreations.com
Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 PM

Default Del Mar

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone that gave me pointers and guidance for my first time. I really appreciate Mary, Brett, Kyle, Dan, Rodney and Matt giving me some help and tips. Really looking forward to all the future events and pushing the Camaro.

-Evan