Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Shop & Equipment
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2017, 09:39 AM

Default 4 post drive on lift questions and options

So my new garage will have a "post tension slab" cable system in the concrete and any drilling of the concrete floor will void the warranty of it. I am struggling with not only finding the exact locations of the cables before the concrete is poured so that I do not damage them if I decide to install a two post lift vs just bowing to the pressure from all sides and putting a 4 post lift in that will not require drilling the floor.

This thread is more about those said 4 posts lifts...

I'm looking at this lift. http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/At...-Sliding-Jacks

It is long enough and has the capacity to lift my ex-cab long bed truck and also lifts high enough for me to walk under it without banging my noggin. It also comes with two hydraulic RJ 35 sliding jacks with arms that will slide out to get under the real lifting points of most vehicles. Does anyone have experience with using these jacks in a real world scenario and if so, do you like or dislike them and why?

All the way down they are 3.5" tall which should be low enough for me to get any street driven car over them with ease. They have locks on them which will allow them to serve at jack stands if the vehicle needs to be off the tires for an extended time. It all seems good and sounds like a decent alternative to the two post lift that I have and love now...and even has some features that will be better than my two post (like being able to get the lift perfectly level for suspension setup purposes).

Buying this 4 post lift eliminates some huge hassles in regard to drilling my new floor, I guess I'm just trying to make sure I'm not creating more (different) hassles in using it once I get it installed. Space is not an issue, the new shop will have way more room than I'll need for any lift I choose ( ). I am picking electrical outlets this morning so if I need a 30 amp 220v for the two post, now is the time. That's the other nice feature of this 4 post lift...it runs on 110v.

Any thoughts from those that have used one similar to this?