Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2014, 04:27 PM

Thanks Marty!

You bringing the 5th gen to the Power Tour?

Are you long hauling?

This will be my 6th Power Tour - and it starts in my backyard.

I don't have the budget or the time off for the long haul this year - so I might make it to Knoxville and hit up the Dragon on the way home.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,542 Times in 850 Posts

Looks like i am going to start in Hamond Indiana and finish in the Dells. I am hoping my sister lets me take my Nephew as I think he will have a blast.

Since Kenny will still have the 70 the plan is to take the 5th gen again. It's hard to beat the creature comforts of that car.

ps I don't have the time off either and my wife spent the vacation budget in Punta Cana last week with my daughters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
Thanks Marty!

You bringing the 5th gen to the Power Tour?

Are you long hauling?

This will be my 6th Power Tour - and it starts in my backyard.

I don't have the budget or the time off for the long haul this year - so I might make it to Knoxville and hit up the Dragon on the way home.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 04-10-2014, 07:10 AM

Nice - I blew half the budget getting the motor together this winter, and now I am sending the car to fat camp - to get the front end a little bit more muscular. You should see those updates in a few weeks!

My parents still live up in Rockford, so the end of the trip I could crash up there but I just don't see it happening after I get the final bill from front end conversion.

Let us know how the 5th gen Pfadt parts install.

I found there instructions less than ideal - and honestly man Corvetteforum is a terrible source of getting information. You basically have to pull teeth to find people that have the knowledge and are willing to share it. Unlike this site, ls1tech, and pro-touring - people are a lot more helpful.

Of course thats just my opinion - haha.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:08 PM

Marty, about where (what pg#) was that pic of the "same" yet different size of the tires?, thanx dude,

Been ridin?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 AM

2nd Chance Camaro - Size Does Matter - Which in the end might not Matter
Size Does Matter- Which in the end might not Matter

Posted: Nov 04, 2011 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

Last week I was looking at the tires stored in Mario's 69 Camaro. I couldn't help but notice that his tire looked skinny compared to the 335 BFG tire sitting in my garage. I kept telling Mario that my 335 was much bigger then his 345 and he said no way. So I took his tire home to find out if I was correct. I figured a side by side test would be the only way to prove that the BFG KDW 2 are indeed bigger.

Left: BFG 335 35 18 ( 14" Wide )
Middle: Michelin 345 __ 19 ( 13" Wide )
Right: BFG 295 35 18 ( 12" Wide )

Close up of the BFG 335 & Michelin 345 -- The BFG is 1" Wider

Close Up of the Michelin 345 & the BFG 295 -- Not much of a difference

The BFG 335 height compared to the BFG 295 - you can see the difference is much greater

Also the height is much taller on the Michelin.

The plan has to been to run the 295's on the street and the 335's for Good-Guys events. In the end I may only be able to run the 295 on the back of 2nd Chance Camaro because I can't get the bracket from DSE.

Why you ask ?
The Mini-Tubs I purchased from DSE will fit the 335's. However, since I didn't buy there complete leaf spring conversion kit I am unable to purchase the front offset sping pocket I need to complete the conversion. Where I am confused is I can buy offset shackle & spring perch's but not the lower spring pocket - odd. I had the Allen (really nice sales guy) ask Kyle if I could purchase them and Kyle said no dice which kinda sucks.

So now I may be forced to run only the 295's full time. So Buyer Beware if buy the DSE Mini-Tubs you are going to have to make your own lower mounts for the front or by one of there 3 kits DSE offers. Sometimes you
win sometimes you lose.

I do have a couple Options

Option A:
Buy there Mini-Tub Kit # 041221 $1699.00 which doesn't include Leaf Springs & Shocks which will give you an 1.5" drop and then sell the other parts you don't need. Seems expensive but it's only money and you can't take it with you.

Option B:
Would be to have a local fab shop make a set of offset shackle mounts to complete the conversion. If I go this route I will make a couple extra to help out the two other guys I know that are in the same boat as me.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 05-14-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:18 AM

I have a mini tub kit for my nova I'm change up to 4 link I can see if its in my kit if you're interested in it.?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom091074 View Post
I have a mini tub kit for my nova I'm change up to 4 link I can see if its in my kit if you're interested in it.?
It's an old post that I just re-posted for Glassman.

He was trying to figure out what tires he wanted to run.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:04 PM

Right now i'm running a KDW 245/17 up front and don't have enough tire and i'm running a 275 in the back. I want to run a 315 and my next door neighbor is running the Nitto 05 315/17 on his and its exactly 12" wide, od of the tire, not the tread or seating bead.
I plan on mini tubbing it but its runnin sooo good with the leafs, i dont wanna change it. Only want to change the rims tires to get more meat, for looks and performance....

I tracked it a few weeks back with Greg and Seig and the car ran fantastic, just need more power and a little more grip, but shes very predictable.

Keith (Custom Works) did the clip, steering, Speed tech, coil-overs, and the Holley/Hooker swap and the car handles very good and is very controlable/predictable......fun to drive.

Went for a 45 min pedal today, 106* out, ugh....good thing i gotta large water like tub in the back yard....
Old 06-10-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Option B:
Would be to have a local fab shop make a set of offset shackle mounts to complete the conversion. If I go this route I will make a couple extra to help out the two other guys I know that are in the same boat as me.
I was in a similar situation, ended up making our own mounts.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 06-10-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
It's an old post that I just re-posted for Glassman.

He was trying to figure out what tires he wanted to run.
thats what i get for trying to read

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11