Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-15-2020, 05:27 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Saturday I got back after the fender mount on the driver side. Same as I did with the passenger side except on this side I made a template off of the passenger side so the holes were in the same place. I'll also have to finish the close out panel once I take the fenders off again.

Goosesdad (07-01-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 05:28 PM

Man, that looks good. I like it...

The Following User Says Thank You to 214Chevy For This Useful Post:
CamaroAJ (06-15-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 05:17 PM

Not much of an update, lacking some motivation to get stuff done and lacking some parts to give me motivation. I did get started on the fuel filler though. I got the area above the tank cut out to make the fill connection. This will be made into a bolt together cover once I have the pipe built. In order to check for enough drop I had to weld the driver inner wheel well in place. I had to finish fitting it a little bit before it was 100% ready to weld in. After that I located a place to put the filler cap. Not where I wanted to put it, but because of how the tank is I was really limited and I didn't want to put it on the body. With that kinda laid out I built a trunk support now that the wheel well is in the correct location.

camcojb (07-03-2020), fleetus macmullitz (07-01-2020), Goosesdad (07-01-2020), streetbird (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 01:38 PM

love that custom work
CamaroAJ (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbird View Post
love that custom work
Thank you.

Saturday I still wasn't very motivated to do anything on the car, but it needs done so I got some stuff done. I got some more riv-nuts so I was able to get those installed. I relaly like the Hammer fab dimple dies, they make for a really clean install. First up was finishing the HVAC mount and getting those riv-nuts installed. Its pretty solid with 3 mounting points. Then I added 3 to each rocker extension so I can mount the inner fenders once I get to that stage.

Then I moved onto the rear bumper. I had 2 of the mounts done and needed to finish up the 3rd. I got it finished up and then did some adjusting to the drive side mount and got everything panel bonded together.

With the bumper drying and having the panel bond already out I got the mounting tabs done for the third brake lamp and bonded to the spoiler. Pretty happy with the fitment and I'll be able to wet sand the brake lamp to finial fit the spoiler and then finish it off with a smoked candy tint to help blend it in and not stand out.

streetbird (07-06-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 05:42 PM

Saturday I put the washers I cut on the spoiler and got the wicker bill bolted on. I only put two on for now, but I have 7 mounting bolts to spread out the load the air will put on it.

I also made the switch from the ZL1 lid to the LS9 lid so I don't need to run the adapter to make it fit the LS9 blower. That spacer was a 1/2" thick and put me within a 1/4" of the firewall.

I also picked up a ECM and mount last week so I started wiring after I got it mounted. I started with the pigtails I had already made for the knock sensors, trans temp, speed, throttle body, coolant temp, and O2 sensors. Then I went to work stabbing out the injector control circuits, coil control circuits, MAP, MAF, supercharger pressure, and a few others I'm forgetting. Once I get the rest of the sensors, injectors, and connector ends ordered I'll be able to finish up the harness and get it taped up. I ordered a heat shrink label printer, but it didn't make it in time, but should be here this week to play with.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:17 PM

Not a big update since wiring takes a lot of time and doesn't look like a bunch gets done. I have most of the wiring stabbed into the ECM now, just a few more to go once that color wire gets here. Since I changed plans from the LS7 to a supercharged engine I don't have all of the right connectors, so I need to get those ordered as well then I can finish the engine harness. Need to locate a place for a fuse block so I know what direction to run the power wires.

I picked up the Dymo 5200 printer as well to help keep things organized and clean. Its much better then tape tags with sharpie that get stuck together.

I also disassembled a 6th gen Camaro chassis harness to harvest the wire. Pretty sure I should have enough length and color options to wire in the Infinity Box system. A few hours worth of work saved me a few hundred in buying wire.

camcojb (07-20-2020), syborg tt (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 05:41 PM

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Well it looks like I am going to buy one of the printers and I am fairly certain I saved all the wire I removed from my body harness. However, I have no clue where I put it.

Thank you for sharing your pics as I love this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroAJ View Post

I also disassembled a 6th gen Camaro chassis harness to harvest the wire. Pretty sure I should have enough length and color options to wire in the Infinity Box system. A few hours worth of work saved me a few hundred in buying wire.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 07-21-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Well it looks like I am going to buy one of the printers and I am fairly certain I saved all the wire I removed from my body harness. However, I have no clue where I put it.

Thank you for sharing your pics as I love this build.
I really like it so far. They have a 4200 that is cheaper and can do about the same things. There was an open box 5200 on amazon for a good discount so I went with that.

Thank you, Looking forward to driving it and seeing if all this work paid off.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:25 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Such a badass build. The work you're doing is great!