Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_454 View Post
im with countryboy on this... since its a streetcar id consider the offboost performance, (even nelson builds large smallblocks, 427 and 454 cui) where a v6 could deliver the same power at higher boost and rpm.. a larger dispacement engine is just much more driveable and pleasant on the street...

id go with the big block, especially if you have one allready.. and never mind the people going "you cant hook this or that" if you build a big block thats capable of 1500 hp, there is no law that states you cant leave the line at a reasonable rpm.. or limit boost in first gear...
Seems like I never spent enought attention to your posting.

I see it the same, I can leave sensitive but can use the power later lets say from 80 to 150 or something.

1000hp seems to be more than enought but meanwhile I had a lot of toughts towares better traction like:

going with an all aluminum block
relocating the block back as far as possible
using a fiberglass hood
rear mount radiator and battery and everything else that adds weight will be mounted in the farest place back in the trunk
using a Jakes Rod Shop subframe with shockwaves. That frames allows me to get any tire-width I want to go in the rear.

in sum that should improve my traction a bit.

I people mean by hooking that I leave from a dead stop with no wheelspinn under full throttel than it wont hook but all the things I will do will have an effect I think....