Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-01-2008, 05:34 PM

Default Project Doug/John

I've posted this in two other forums but know how you-all like pictures....
I have a couple of friends and we are all doing 69 Chevelles and are at various points. I figured you'd enjoy seeing what they were up to so I took some pictures and will try and keep things posted on their behalf.
I think from the pictures you can all figure out the specs ... if you have any questions let me know I've participated in the build and know what's been used and what's next.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:35 PM

There's a chance that the body (shown below) won't get worked on until next winter - The co-owner is part of a race team (local track in North Carolina) and really gets involved during race season. His son (other co-owner) is involved in law enforcement and is a Forman on a construction crew (so spring summer will make work pickup). The first step is to have it dipped. Really don't know what they are or aren't dealing with .. it has had a couple coats of paint in its life. It's targeted to be red, blk 70 style stripes, blk vinyl top, with Budnik Cobalts (already on order). Interior will be a bench/black. I'm not sure if they can go to long with a rolling chassis and not start on the body .. I know I couldn't. I'm an advisor and part-time wrench turner - the best parts of the hobby are the small milestones of the actual build. Ahh that's one of my tires from a prior project acting as a safety mechanism ... people come over and sit on the edge of the door with out thinking the car will rotate; so the tire completes a temp bench to sit and ponder the next steps on the chassis. Basically every thing will be new on the car - will use modern wiring, headlights, tail-lights, relays etc... but the dash is scheduled to look factory.

Well - After having the headers reworked to have the right geometry the 3 inch exhaust was put on - a mix of Flowmaster and Magnaflow welded tight. The Rims and tires are on and finally a frontal shot of the pully system.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:44 PM

looks good!

2001 Silverado Regular Cab Short Bed
Currently Under the Knife

Special Thanks to:
Air Ride Technologies - Wilwood Engineering
Old 04-01-2008, 09:52 PM

So its a magnaflow catback w/ flowmaster mufflers? The quality looks great. What brand are the headers as well as the stainless collectors?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrDun71 View Post
..magnaflow catback w/ flowmaster mufflers ...What brand are the headers ...stainless collectors?
Yes pipes are Magnaflow 3" welded with Flowmaster 40s I think. The headers are from Sanderson. I'll double check but believe Sanderson also sent the stainless steel collector.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Looks awesome! I am a little jealous......

I might be nit picking, but are your front rotors on the wrong sides?

www.fquick.com/ZZ3ElCamino
Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 PM

Default Body work update

While I'm mostly a spectator I've been spending time helping with the "Project DJ" build as I've called it. A father and son build (John is the young gentleman in the first photo). I figured I'd share some pictures I captured with my cell-phone to catch everyone up on the body work. The Chassis is sitting all nice and done waiting for the body. As you can see this one is getting a full treatment. In the end it will have all new sheet metal except for the roof, rear window panel, rockers, dash, and inner/outer rear fender wells. Have to love bringing them back from the grave....

Last edited by DHARROD; 07-22-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:48 PM

One more of the drivers side rear ... if you can tell new doors have been hung in order to get the eventual rear quarter gaps close.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Nice build I remember seeing pictures of the frame somewhere. It will be good to see it going again. You guys did an awesome job on the frame. It looks like the body will follow suit . Keep the pictures coming.
Wayne
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 AM

Default Metal On

Over the past few weeks the new sheet metal has been added. The only panels not replaced where the roof, inner rear fenders, upper rear seat/trunk, speaker valance, and dash - beyond that all new metal was used. The next phase will be the body work.