Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM

Mr. Todd here has the right answer for everybody.

Find what fits you and you feel well eating. And that the Majority of time eating, is good Food.

But you gotta be happy too, so now I am gonna eat some cake actually

And you are so absolutely correct With that Nutrition "styles" are like religion and politics, if someone uses this or that diet, everything else than that is totally wrong of course.. He..He..

Luckily for us in Norway we dont have that much Gene Modified Food here, it is "very" strict, atleast very strict compared to US.

I remember I saw a documentary about the US Monsanto GMO stuff that withstands Round-Up I think?.. Ugly stuff.. Luckily that gets rejected if it gets sent to EU. But for how long.. That sure is "Big Evil Companys"
Old 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I work out with a pro trainer 3 days a week - one hour each day - he kicks my arse…

So…. since my arteries are fine - ZERO hard plaque via a heart scan -- I decided I didn't need statins… since I was in the 100 range.

3 months later after a blood draw -- I'm DOUBLE THAT. I say WTF to the Doc… who tells me -- Tough titty… some peoples DNA is just that way. Get over it.
Statins cause memory dysfunction, article in Jan 2012, internal medicine and the FDA in 2012. They also increase the risk of diabetes by an astounding 48 percent.

Glad you didn't go on that drug.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

By limiting carb intake and make up the difference in good fats and protein you will reprogram your genetic code back to factory settings.

Cholesterol tests represent 75-80 percent from what your body manufactures and not what you have eaten. Foods that are high in cholesterol actually decrease your bodies production of it.

When you reduce cholesterol intake your body liver makes an enzyme called HMG CoA reductase which makes up the defeceit by using carbs, same enzyme that statins target!! When you eat excess carbs while lower cholesterol you invite a steady overproduction of cholesterol. Only way to get back in balance is eat an adequate amount of cholesterol and reduce carbs.

Over half all patients hospitalized with heart attack have normal cholesterol levels!!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 PM

Stuart, did you notice a difference when you changed to the diet recommended by Perlmutter? How long have you been on it?

Some of my concerns with the info:

Whole wheat that is NOT genetically modified is readily available. (Modification seems to be the major concern in wheat belly)

Whole wheat is low on the glycemic index.

Where is the science to back it up?

My first thought is that the real problem with a high carb diet is for the average American that eats processed foods, white bread, and drinks soda.

In my case where I stay in peak fitness and eat a majority non GMO whole grains, I just don't see the concern. I am open to the idea, however.

Last edited by Vegas69; 10-30-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:18 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Todd, I'm sure what your doing has made an awesome difference in your life.

And your right most don't eat well.

The problem is low fat diets with increased carbs and fruit sugars the to fill the low fat void actually increases brain dysfunction and alzheimers which is not on a test print out at the docs office.

So the car and engine may look good but the computer is being deprived of vital nutrients.

Its ALL based on real patients and chemisty. With multiple studies. He is a leading neurologist in the nation. Alot of these neurological patients are being treated by just changing eating habits!!!

I see patients all the time that have dementia and alzheimers for eyecare and its sad, they are rarely obese.

Problem is when you do bloodwork at the docs office and the numbers are perfect and your body looks good and feels good, you could be harming your brain and not know it. Then if alzheimers develops later down the road people have no idea their diet may have contributed to it. They thought they were doing the right thing.

Its something I was hoping people at least looked at the info, it may help someone they know.

It's really a minor tweek for some and major for others depending on how much sugars are being consumed.

Personally, my diet has been pretty good, not perfect by any stretch, I'm just trying now to throw a few more healthy fats in there and protein and limit my breads and sugars some to strike a balance.

I'm deathly afraid of loosing my brain function and would be pissed if looking back I did it to myself. I would rather be sitting around at 80 sharp mentally and have a few extra pounds than not.

I hate salesman and people pushing crap on me, I get that. My posts were based on brain issues which are not tested until the problem already exists.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:05 AM

Subscribing to the thread because even though Deb and I are very active and eat fairly well, we need to do better. Thanks for the great information!
The new shop build https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=42857

Last edited by tommycomfort; 10-31-2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 AM

I completely agree with the good fats. I take a fish oil supplement daily to raise my HDL and it has according to my blood work. I pack raw/unsalted nuts EVERYDAY for work. They always give me an energy boost. I eat sunflower seed butter nearly everyday and it's loaded with mono/poly unsaturated fat and a little saturated fat. I eat hummus everyday for a snack after work or on my salad at whole foods.

One thing I want to point out is that if your arteries are being clogged by an overabundance of saturated fat or trans fat, what is it doing to your vessels in your brain? Kelli's father has Alzheimers in his family, big time. In fact, his fathers parents both had it and all of his father's siblings had it but one and I believe there were 9 kids. Her dad was found to have a major blockage in a neck artery and now they have found one in his leg. It has to play a role in the dementia? Lifestyle has to play a role at least in the onset, maybe not the destiny?

When you mention most of your clients with dementia are not overweight, the first thing that comes to mind is that they have probably stayed fairly fit and watched their weight to get to that stage in life. Women and smaller people tend to live longer, I think it applies here. Something takes us all out. I have to agree, losing your mind isn't the best way to go.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:32 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Bad fats cant be good on anything.

Good fats with balanced sugars and protein are what is my goal.

Yes the demented patients I see have lived a while, my point is the possible toll on their brain by thinking they were eating fine.

Its a small change in eating habit. Diet is a bad word and people become defensive when they hear it.

Dang that sucks Kelli's dad has that disease.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Not all Alzheimers patients have poor sugar control, just a huge portion do and studies are showing this.

I just hope that people with family members or themselves will read the data and go from there.

I'm no dietician by any stretch.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:35 PM

A different perspective on:

Olive Oil
http://www.panevinolasvegas.com/blog...-good-for-you/

Wheat/Gluten:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/mar/gluten.htm

My biggest hang up on the whole Gluten/Wheat deal is due to what I feel is a couple opinions that seem to be great marketing campaigns. Wheat Belly/Grain Brain? I don't see the science and study's behind the philosophies. I sell houses, I can give you my opinion on the real estate market. Does it make it right? I want to see the research based on as many examples possible. That's why I like the China study, it's comprehensive. Science is never conclusive, it's probable. I need evidence.

I still belive the major problem is processed foods like white bread, white rice, pop tarts, etc and wheat has been drug into the mix.

Where I do agree is GMO wheat. If you agree with me, eat NON GMO Wheat every chance you get. That's certified organic.

Last edited by Vegas69; 11-01-2013 at 10:42 PM.