Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2006, 04:02 PM

Yody ...were you working on mike`s gn ?
Old 09-04-2006, 04:07 PM

Oh and just to be one of the cool people since im sooo into function over form im putting together plans for a tt setup but only 6-650rwhp on pump gas since with my 285s out back that will be sooo much more useable
Old 09-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefirstgens
Oh and just to be one of the cool people since im sooo into function over form im putting together plans for a tt setup but only 6-650rwhp on pump gas since with my 285s out back that will be sooo much more useable
sorry, I'm going to apologize in advance for whoever told you, that you were one of the cool people.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlife
sorry, I'm going to apologize in advance for whoever told you, that you were one of the cool people.
Well its good to see the labotomy wasnt a complete success
Old 09-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

I actually edited that post, and added a bit about the mule v the new camaro X. I think that is a good comparison of what I am talking about.

You have the Mule with the TT 1000HP small block, and then you have the camaro X with the NA 500hp(underated) LS7. Which do you think would be easier, faster, and more fun to drive? Obviously that is a subjective question and is going to vary from person to person, but I would take the X way before the mule. The LS7 will put out 600hp, get 20mpg, and have a smooth idle, and will also be a rippin motor with a smoother linear power delivery. But hey differnet strokes for different folks I guess. But if you look at the real purpose of any of this stuff that we put on the cars, the fundemental reason for all of this $$$ is performance. I think it would be hard to argue that a skilled driver could do more with the camaro X than the Mule due to the Mules over-abundance of power, even with it detuned. There must be a reason why Mark didn't build another TT machine.

I'm not saying that one thing is better than another even though it might sound like it. And I understand you can Detune a TT motor to make it more docile, just kinda exploring what having 1000hp is about. Thanks for not taking it as an argument and seeing it for more as a discussion
Old 09-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefirstgens
Well its good to see the labotomy wasnt a complete success
Old 09-04-2006, 07:27 PM

Well,everbody has a differnet idea of drivable.i run a 710 cube 1050 hp motor in my pro street car,and it's not bad to drive with a 4l80e it does ok on mpg,did 16 mpg on a road trip.

It's pretty cool when a guy in a import pulls up and you can nail the throttle at 80 mph and do a burnout

But mainly these 1000 hp rides are bragging rights.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman
But mainly these 1000 hp rides are bragging rights.
No, they are street registered tire durability testers. I'm due for another check from Michelin for more "research" any day now.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown353
No, they are street registered tire durability testers. I'm due for another check from Michelin for more "research" any day now.

I wish I could get on M/T's r&d team.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:38 PM

Thanked 1,309 Times in 492 Posts

Actually the Mule was great on the track. We dialed the boost down so there would be no suprises but it probably would have been fine with more boost. I have had a Procharged big block that made 828rwhp on pump gas that would be a absolute bitch to drive on Power Tour. You would have to constatnly pay attention to what your right foot was doing. The Mule with the turbos drives like a 8 1/2 -1 comp smallblock unless you put your foot in it. I also have driven the effortless torque of the Red Witch, 532" 9-1 comp. All 3 are different but the Mule and Red Witch are both very easy to drive. Pump gas boost on the Mule is probably 700 hp ? and very easy to drive. A by-product of making 700 hp is the ability to turn the boost up to 1000 hp if desired. Most other 700 hp cars are alot less drivable. Maybe someday I can talk Mark into running laps with Camaro X and then turning the boost up on the Mule and running some laps and see what the differences are.