Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-24-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHarvard View Post
I met Scott a long time ago when he first started this place. He encouraged me to sign up and we talked about forum management and implementation.

My number is 17 here, man that feels like forever ago. I had a pretty popular website back in the day I started in 1999.

I even delivered Scott a gift of a hideaway headlights from Jody/Ummgwa and a few others as a gift for the website and having a place for people to congregate, I believe

Wow, I had forgotten about that. A bunch of us got together and bought Scott a full Hide-away set up for his 69 as a thank you for his hard work. I was a dealer for Rick's Camaro's (RIP) back then, I do remember the video, is it out there somewhere?
Old 09-26-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 Z/28 View Post
I stumbled upon some info on this site that I was completely unaware of, I was under the impression that Jody started and founded this site but much to my surprise it was Scott Gulbranson?

If this is the same Scott Gulbranson I am thinking of then I know him from other motorsports ventures. I don't know him personally but I know of his photography and racing connections. He hasn't logged on since June of 2012 so I am assuming he is busy with his other hobbies. Anyway, being from Southern Minnesota it just sort of shocked me because of the connection.

I just figured it would be cool to hear stories of how this all came about if anyone can share some information...

It's quite impressive what this site has become. I was always on PT until I realized how much more I like it over here. Thanks to all that keep things running like clockwork on Lat G.
A classy and professional source of knowledge, creativity, inspiration and an all round great group of people! Thanks to the founders and all whom keep things current...
Old 09-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro66tour View Post
A classy and professional source of knowledge, creativity, inspiration and an all round great group of people! Thanks to the founders and all whom keep things current...
I agree whole heartedly. I just checked I'm member 2796 and have learned so much here and enjoy every thread and post I read.

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:50 PM

I'm #133 and have been here for a long time...a real home away from home! I've made lots of friends from all parts of the world and learned so much about not only cars but life as well! Thanks Scott for all the hard work and Jody for taking on the task of keeping a great thing going!
Old 02-04-2016, 12:24 AM

I have been here sence the start .
Old 10-12-2017, 10:43 AM

#27.....WOW, I had no idea I was that low.

I don't exactly remember how Scott and I got hooked up. I was working at Gale Banks Engineering back in the day in their "Twin Turbo SBC" department. Scott wanted to "borrow" some exhaust manifolds for mock up in his car. I convinced my boss to let me send him a pair to try out in exchange for vendor ability on the forum. Scott set up my own section that I could run a muck with.

I built a couple tech pages that I used to e-mail blast potential customers. I'm pretty sure those posts are still here......somewhere. Turbo tech back then was certainly not what it is today but we made the most of it. We sold quite a few Twin turbo kits thanks to this site.

63 Nova 'Low Budget G-Machine' *SOLD*

Last edited by slow4dr; 10-12-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:34 AM

#21610 lol ...I was a long time lurker first . joined in 2013 , join pt.com in 2010 after a few yrs lurking there too
Old 04-08-2019, 11:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Cool reading the history. I joined in the beginning and didn’t realize it. This site costed me a lot of sleepless nights and money lol. Love this site !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://lateral-g.net/members/williams69/
The Following User Says Thank You to jwillia2 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (04-12-2019)