Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 06-22-2018, 12:40 PM

Default Looking for a short throw shifter (t56 magnum, 67 camaro, no console)

I was looking at the white lightning shifter but have seen complaints of leaks. I have also looked at the mal wood and even the sikky setback unit. Does anyone have any experience with these shifters? I’m open to moving the shifter anywhere right now it has a stock tremec shifter with a hurst stick and if feels like a semi. Ideally I’d like 2nd gear to be where my arm is straight down and my elbow is at a 90 degree angle. To achieve this I think I will need to use the rear shifter location of the trans(which I’ve heard will help with the shifter leaking issue) and run a stick similar to one that is used in newer gto’s.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I'm not sure about the shifters you've mentioned, but my MGW shifter feels great. Admittedly, I'm also running a very short stick comparatively. Might give them a look as they make shifters for T56 Mustangs, 5/6th Gens, and Corvettes.

Good luck!

https://www.mgwshifters.com/

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 07-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwl3_21 View Post
I was looking at the white lightning shifter but have seen complaints of leaks. I have also looked at the mal wood and even the sikky setback unit. Does anyone have any experience with these shifters? I’m open to moving the shifter anywhere right now it has a stock tremec shifter with a hurst stick and if feels like a semi. Ideally I’d like 2nd gear to be where my arm is straight down and my elbow is at a 90 degree angle. To achieve this I think I will need to use the rear shifter location of the trans(which I’ve heard will help with the shifter leaking issue) and run a stick similar to one that is used in newer gto’s.
If you're happy with the performance of your current Tremec Shifter and are looking to reposition the shift stick only, CLICK on the pic below to take a look at the replacement Hurst Shift Sticks that we offer. There are a number of stick options available in various heights, bends and leans for most any application.

If you are looking for a complete shifter assembly than you may want to check out the Hurst Blackjack Shifter for the 1967 Camaro with a Tremec Magnum. This will be a direct bolt-on shifter, specific to the Tremec and the '67 Camaro. Please CLICK on the photo below for more information on the Hurst Blackjack Shifter.

As you can see we offer quite a few options for you. You can always PM me or call us at 707-544-4761 for more info or additional options.

- Jason @ Hurst