Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Shop & Equipment
User Name
Password

Old 10-26-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
If you're building a "show room" --- then painted fancy floors are GREAT!

If you plan to build a car - and do real work... then forget the fancy 'cause it isn't going to look that way for long.

A few months ago my neighbor that owns a high end retail exotic car shop came over and wanted me to go up with him to look at the super killer floor paint they put in their new detail area... it looked really great. I was there the other day.... OMG! What a waste of money that was!
Agreed, I've been in the floor covering business all my life and fancy is not functional. The only thing I would consider is adding dye to the concrete in the mixing phase Before it's poured.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 PM

I had my floor done with a poly-urethane epoxy. Not quite as strong as a poly-aspartic, but almost 1/10th the cost. There is a clear coating over it to protect the colour coat and when that gets scratched up, I can buzz it with the sander and place another clear coat over the top.

It's only a few months old so is still hardening. The dragging the trolly jack around has put a few scratches int eh clear. I have the stang up on stands at the moment so it'll be interesting to see if that leaves any marks. I have been driging on it since about 2 weeks after it was done.

My mate has a concrete grinding/coating business and wanted to try some stuff, so volunteered my shed. The price was right

I still haven't moved all my stuff over from my old man's shed, so it hasn't been subjected to welding and grinding just yet so I'll be keen to see how it stands up.