Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 PM

Ran into a major snag tonight. With the suspension and chassis setup the way we were installing it, there is no way we're gonna fit a stock gas tank in there. If anyone has any advice or can hook me up with anything, please let me know! For right now, we're just going to install it as far apart to get as big of an aftermarket tank in there as we can. He'll still be able to fit some big meats under there if Shawn ever wants to.

We did get in some goodies, though! Goodmark donated some inner wheelhouses, a radiator support, and a driver's door shell!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 PM

I also bent up a brake line for the front subframe. I need to get a junction block for the driver's side, but I got the crossover done. I used insulated line clamps and stainless bolts to fasten it down.

And last but not least, I got the rear leafs painted and installed the Prothane bushings!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
Bilsteins donated by G-Machine!

IMG]

those look dam good!

jason
Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 AM

Hell yeah, they do! Thanks again for hooking us up!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 PM

I wish I had more progress to post, but a lot of the things I've been doing have been things not worthy of pictures! I powdercoated up the rearend parts, worked on the axle I'm using for mockup cutting off the spring perches to shorted the spring width on them, and just some other small stuff.

I had it all set up so I could install the rear frame, suspension, and axle and have the back rolling this weekend. Of course, my brand new Hobart welder broke AGAIN and I am not sure if I'll have a welder for this weekend. Needless to say, I am PISSED!

Anyway, if I get lucky I'll have a welder for this weekend and then all my front suspension and steering parts will be here by next week and then I'll be rolling by next weekend.

Powdercoated spring hangers, spring plates, and a-arm washers:

I finished up the other taillight, too.

And I even had some help from Shawn's wife on Sunday. I taught her how to powdercoat and let her try it out on the dash bezel that was looking rough. She did a great job.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:40 PM

I spent a large majority of today on sandblasting and powdercoating. The door hinges on the car were in ROUGH shape. They were incredibly rusted and the rollers were bent and broken, not to mention the pins were bad off, too.

After much sawzalling, hammering, sandblasting, straightening, swearing, and PCing, here are the finished products.

The red is the color we will be painting the car. My powder supplier has a line of automotive paints that matches their powders, so we picked a red we liked and bought a bunch of powder.

And I also powdercoated the rear calipers that RPM donated to the project. I went with a silver PC on the brackets and a Anodized Blueberry over a silver basecoat on the calipers. Tomorrow I'm going to do the front ones I have here.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM

Got the steering stuff all put together. We blasted and painted the center link in semi gloss black and then I painted the tie rods with gunmetal. The Prothane boots really set off the part, too. I'm also replacing pretty much every bolt and nut with either stainless of grade 8 stuff. I'm also eliminating all the speed nuts that I can.

And I powdercoated the front calipers. The slider pins were crap, so I didn't bother assembling them yet.

And in other news, we're gonna be on TV! A NC show based out of the Charlotte area called Cruise Control TV is going to be doing monthly segments on the car, out first interview is this coming Monday! I'll keep you guys posted on the air dates.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Got the calipers assembled tonight. I bought new sliders, but found some old ones in the shop and used them just for mockup. I'll install the new sliders when we put them on the car. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the color scheme I picked for the brakes. The silver and blue just really pop.

I also got my welder back and they finally figured out the problem. This weekend the rear frame and suspension goes in!
Old 01-20-2008, 04:56 PM

Not any new pictures since it has been friggin cold and my son has been feeling bad, but I did get the mock axle ready to go on so I can fab up the rear frame and suspension. This week I'll get that all squared away so this puppy can be rolling again!

We also have some Patriot Dream stickers for sale to help with the project. They are $8 shipped and come in red, white, or blue. We only have a few right now, but I'll get more if they sell quickly. Here are some photos of them on my wife and my cars.

If you want one, send an $8 paypal to [email protected] or send me an email at that addy and I'll give you our mailing address if you want to send a check or money order.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:35 PM

No real updates on the car as far as work goes. My little boy has an ear infection and we've been up taking care of him all weekend and all. Poor little guy.

But I did get a Flaming River steering column in that NPD donated to the project!