Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM

Shiny .

David
Old 06-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Where we are at with the PatriotDream.org Camaro

Hey guys, since so many of you have helped out, I want to keep you guys updated.

The Gen III 5.3L engine should be here soon, National Parts Depot was kind enough to offer a spot on one of their trucks for our engine to get it to NC from Cali. I need a lot of parts for it still, like the accessory brackets, throttle body, coils, etc. Basically right now it is a shortblock, heads are in my garage, and an intake donated by a guy in Carolina F-body Club. My friend Joel at HRT is doing the work on it, but I need the parts to put it together. Painless has also donated the wiring, cam, and engine management system. Mike at Sulski Performance has graciously donated the tuning. 8)

We've also found the car, but we're about $700 short. I'm trying to work a deal with the guy to hold it for me, though. He came off the price about $1300 to get it close to what we had so far, so I'd really like to grab this one. It is a 68 that has a solid body, but needs some rust repair on the rear quarters and some other small spots. It is a project car, but with the way people are coming together for this project it'll be an amazing car when we're done! I'm hoping to have someone go look at it soon so we can have it shipped from Il back to it's new home in NC.

I'm working on securing the brakes now (LS1 brakes all around) with some donated rotors from RotorsOnline.com and some calipers that my friend Russ gave me (after I rebuild those 200k monsters!) and my friend CE had donated the master cylinder, booster, and part. valve.

So that's where we're at right now, it is coming together nicely, just need a few more bucks to secure the car. I'm gonna have a meeting with my family this weekend and see if we can come up with the other $700, I don't see that being a problem.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Administrator

FYI, I merged your posts into one thread and moved here to the Project Updates section.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:15 PM

Well, the guy who was "holding the car for me" and "was glad to help out with such a good cause" sold the car out from under me.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:40 AM

Kenza Bolton, a Discovery Toys representative, has partnered with us to help raise money for Shawn's Camaro. Discovery Toys offers award-winning educational toys, books, music and family games for all ages. You can donate money to us by being a Discovery Toys customer. Just go to Kenza's website at http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/kenza and pick out the items you want. Then call Kenza at 866-891-5056 to place your order. The proceeds of each sale when patriotdream.org is mentioned will be donated to us! Kenza will also donate $10 for every time someone calls to get free toys by hosting a Discovery Toys home party and $20 for each person who joins her team by becoming a wholesale buyer/distributor with Discovery Toys. Reps are desperately needed nationwide and on military bases worldwide!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:37 PM

Special thanks to Twist Machine! They donated a set of their core support bars and one of their cowl induction billet trim plates. These things are amazing, top notch quality and they look great! As a mechanical designer by profession, I must say these are some fine looking pieces.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 PM

5.3L heads that we had sitting on the shelf in the shop heading over tomorrow to HRT Performance to be reworked
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 PM

Got the brake booster! Complete LS1 brake setup here we come.

We got a lead on the car, too! A guy has a 67 and he is building a 68 for his son who is a Marine in Iraq. We have talked about it and they want us to get the car, so we're working out all the details now.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 PM

The engine will be at the machine shop in about two weeks or so, then the rebuild begins. Sold a bunch of Trans Am parts I had sitting on the shelf and bought some stuff for the engine. Got some sweet red anodized aluminum fuel rails with blue AN fittings and braided line.

Also got a set of stock valve covers that I'm going to smooth out and powdercoat wrinkle black, a set of LS1 injectors and clips, LS6 valve springs, and an LS1 Throttle body that I'm going to P&P.

So here's the engine combo that I'm going to go with.

Gen III 5.3L out of a 2005 truck with block painted black, donated by Strictly Performance (shipping by National Parts Depot)
LS1 intake smoothed and powdercoated bare aluminum color
Red anodized fuel rail, LS1 injectors, blue AN fittings, and braided line
Wrinkle black valve covers
LS1 TB powdercoated Super Chrome
Cam included in HI-RPM kit
HI-RPM kit donated by Painless Performance
5.3L heads, 3-angled and milled, LS6 springs, left bare aluminum
LS4 oil pump
Engine and heads will be built and assembled thanks to a donation by HRT Performance.

Can't wait to see this thing built, it's gonna look sexy.