Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-14-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
Nice bezel! It's good to have friends in low places.

I love this build and all your others, they are just my style.
Thanks and yeah totally helps having some brilliantly talented friends!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMillwheels View Post
Wow, that bezel is awesome. The car’s humming along again in usual Hackster fashion!
Thanks man, gotta get it done so I can help you get that Camaro done before Power Tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
That there is one fancy dash! You know, all you had to do was ask and I could have whipped up something similar...of course it’d be cardboard and spray foam but once it was painted you’d never know. Lol

When do the big tires go on?
I think I am going to try it out on the 275's. Wheels will be 3 piece, if I decide I want to flare it I will just be outer hoops, tires and flares away from 315's. I am pretty sure its going to be faster than the truck was so I will have a lot to learn about this thing once its on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
We discussed this in Vegas, nevah...
Haha!!! That was a good chat too.

Quote:
Well at least it’ll be fast down the straightaway.
**** Talker.....

Been dicking around with it a little bit this week, has enough fluids in it to turn the key over but get no start, no fuel or ignition so we think we have something either with VATS or PASSKEY still enabled. Got a new tune I will load tonight and see if that works to get us fire.

Fuel system got all filled and bled out at the rails so should fire up pretty quick once we get it worked out. Even filled and bled the power steering system.

No Idea how he did it but the Upholstery guy got these done in 4 days. They are not perfect but they are damn good!!! THese are real leather hides with custom stitching on the back piece. Seams are all black thread and a double french stitch added to the outer seams. Very classy looking seats in my opinion.

I am going to do all the insert and foam work on the door panels and have him do the stitching and glue up on them. The plan is to match the pleat pattern on the seats on the 2 door cards the rear sail panel pieces then come up with something for the rear seat area. I am thinking something mid 80's porsche interior is what is in my pea brain. Roll Bar will be painted satin same color as the seats.

Carpet has been shipped. Gotta figure out some seat belts now and get some tubing ordered for the roll bar.

Moving along, test drive could be in a few weeks if all goes well.

Sean
The Following User Says Thank You to hackster For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-21-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 05:40 PM

Those seats came out great.

Quote:
Well at least it’ll be fast down the straightaway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post

**** Talker.....
Everyone needs a talent - we know what Basher's is.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash68 For This Useful Post:
DBasher (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 08:09 PM

The seats do look good and the turn around time is impressive! On the rear seat delete vs keeping it, is your guy good enough (or you for that matter) to trim the sides so you can land the bars on the wheel wells? Or are you looking to go into the trunk?

As far as the sh!t talking, you know I’m diggin the car (except the color and little tires ) as well as your skill level and the fact you’re sharing it all.

I’ll see you at turn 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DBasher For This Useful Post:
Flash68 (12-15-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 06:35 PM

Well, after work on it last week and having a no start issue I concluded that we had no spark, no injectors. Some reading up and poking around in the Tune led me to this gem.

The Start Circuit Checks was enabled. Toggled that to disabled and she fired up, but only ran for a second. Chatted with Ron the tuner and he messed with it a bit over the last part of the week and yesterday and sent me a tune to try today, we had the wrong data in for the LS7 MAF sensor. She fired right up and ran for 40 seconds!!! So ****ing stoked to hear it run for the first time. Had 60PSI oil pressure and all looks good.

First Data Log of it running!!

Start up video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vZKxLwzMUYM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I got the rear diff all filled up with fluid and friction modifier and buttoned up. Got the catch can drain plumbed in and insulated since it will have to be somewhat close to the exhaust and pulled the horrible outer window scrapers off and got some new Barton parts installed. I had to pinch the tracks a fair bit to get them to stay in but all in all a nice product. I have inners but gotta figure out door panel materials before that.

Onto the next steps now that we know it runs. Roll bar, harnesses, dash guages, carpet, bleed brakes and clutch, coolant in both systems the list goes on and on =)

Good fun though.

Sean
Old 12-16-2018, 09:20 PM

Woo hoo!! Always fun when they make heat for the first time. Congrats...
The Following User Says Thank You to SSLance For This Useful Post:
hackster (12-20-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Sean,

The seats look great and the engine sounds fantastic!

Andrew
Please get in touch if I can be of service.
My YouTube Channel
Old 12-20-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Woo hoo!! Always fun when they make heat for the first time. Congrats...
Totally!! I was shocked at how fast it fired up it was just like those TV shows well except its just one guy in his garage and a week of troubleshooting to figure out why it had no spark or fuel and the car is far from done. Ok nevermind, its nothing like TV =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Sean,

The seats look great and the engine sounds fantastic!

Andrew
Thanks, I am hoping that I can put in a matching rear seat once some tubes go in.

I have been working to get the catch can plumbing all buttoned up and get the drain line installed and heat wrapped. Also drilled and tapped the water pump for the steam port line to hook into. Got that all buttoned up over the past few days. All of my cooling system is completed and tight as well as the coolant loop for the supercharger got all the clamps tightened and got it ready to fill this week. Still have not done that yet but will in the next few days.

Carpet and floor mats showed up, its not quite the color I had imagined but looks to be ok quality. Little lighter than I had hoped but when set next to a seat it looks pretty damn good.

I ordered all of the parts for the exhaust yesterday from Summit. 2.5 from the manifold to a y pipe then into a 3" Black Widow muffler, some kooks weld bungs for o2 and wideband, a bunch of v bands and a 3" tailpipe. Will all be stainless vibrant stuff, stainless works hangers and a flex connection for the drivers side before the y. I hope to be able to run a tailpipe out the back of the car if I can get it over the rear axle and around the tank and coilovers. Its all mandrel bent should be good and hope it is enough flow for the HP I am looking for.

Picking up the tubing for the roll bar tomorrow and hope to make a dent on that over the holiday weeks.

Be just a matter of time before this bitch is on the road!!

Sean
Old 12-21-2018, 10:11 AM

That’s great news Sean, keep it going! If you need an extra set of hands, or just a helper, with the cage and exhaust let me know. Happy to help.

Chris

The Toys -

1968 Camaro
1968 C10
1969 Dodge Sweptline
2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S (sold)
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 12-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Car looks great and Love the seats

and let's not forget the Dash

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 12-21-2018, 04:41 PM

Great build and looking forward to seeing the finished product.