Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2017, 06:41 PM

Good on you for finally putting this up, Dave. Participation is everything, so long as what you're participating in is not so boring that you start having conversations with your passenger going full throttle around Thunderhill (what happens in cop car).

Now that I've said this, I can say that I've been doing my best to ignore my junk for a little while here, and you punks keep getting me all excited again . . .

Try not to overheat the thing again. My kart likes this so little that it blew its stupid little head gasket. My garage is mechanically desperate right now.

Oh, and what's with the Swiss cheese lightening efforts around all of that structural sheetmetal under the hood? The Boss 302 toughening guide suggests doing the exact opposite (looks like what they used to do to kids' BMX bikes in the old days for racing) . . .
Old 09-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Good on you for finally putting this up, Dave. Participation is everything, so long as what you're participating in is not so boring that you start having conversations with your passenger going full throttle around Thunderhill (what happens in cop car).

Now that I've said this, I can say that I've been doing my best to ignore my junk for a little while here, and you punks keep getting me all excited again . . .

Try not to overheat the thing again. My kart likes this so little that it blew its stupid little head gasket. My garage is mechanically desperate right now.

Oh, and what's with the Swiss cheese lightening efforts around all of that structural sheetmetal under the hood? The Boss 302 toughening guide suggests doing the exact opposite (looks like what they used to do to kids' BMX bikes in the old days for racing) . . .

See ------ here's a guy that can come in and snipe at Dave or I - or Rob - HE actually takes his days off and comes out to hang with us and give us crap face to face. Can't tell you how many times Paul has turned out just to bang on us.

Sorry to hear about the golf kart - er - I meant Go Kart.... hope it's just a simple gasket.

DAVE --- I remember Lillard telling me at the first driver meeting ''sit down -- don't talk - and don't raise your hand - and don't ask any questions". LOL

I think I have a video somewhere -- he's helping me get in the car -- telling me not to be a dumbass - to check my gauges - to take it easy - and then, of course - I hadn't put in the hood pins...... I think the video shows him flipping me off as he fixes that...

Greatest thing I ever did --- hire Ron to fix the car, and coach me, and make sure I don't do dumb things --- like he's always reminding me -- KEEP YOUR EYES UP etc -- and that stuff really helps!!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=Flash68;665141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post

Hey Bash, I missed this. Yes I think we did graduate didn't we?

Yes the checklist was pretty much a fail at any given time that day.
I only bring up the list because sometimes it's needed. That Andy fellow has the Lotus and a wicked fast Corvette. He also has, as I understand it, a ton of seat time....and a list posted on his steering wheel.
I noticed you've got an unmarked switch on your control panel, is the accusump a solenoid valve or a manual ball?

Take it for what it's worth.
I've been around a roadcourse a total of 4 times.....as a passenger. I know nothing other than how to help get guys ready to go out. PRO3, SpecE46, Optima or these track days. Right now for me, it's the people I get to hang with.
So with that,
Old 09-05-2017, 08:04 PM

Really, I was stoked to see that Dave got a functional car to run at Sonoma (and future events). It's tough breathing in your own car-guy fumes for so long, biding your time until . . .

Hopefully, we can both have cars going simultaneously long enough to hit some track days when normal people are working, before winter kills opportunities. The Fox rocks!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:52 PM

Default Fox track car

I remember my first track event at thunderhill many years
back. We had our drivers meeting in a metal roof bldg when
it was raining so hard you could hardly hear what they were saying
They asked how many had non treaded tires and over half of us rose our
hands. They gave everyone the option to use their SUV or other car

I brought my race car so I was going to run it. I had everything with
Treaded tires passing me almost all day Saturday. On Sunday it stopped raining about 1pm I finally could get the car to speed, smell some brakes and see what my mustang could do. Lots of fun but a lot of tip toeing around the track for most of the weekend. You really had to learn throttle and brake control
Been hooked ever since then

Good to hear you guys are running your cars and having fun
I want to join you guys once i finally heal up

Bob
Old 09-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
It actually came with a very nice Sparco EVO passenger seat installed. But no belts for it so I popped it out and mounted the Traqmate box I'd had for the Camaro right in that spot. I'd like to put it back in at some point.

Ok I will swap on the A7 scrubs just for you.. are you gonna swap out the USCA spec tires then and bring it?
I don't need to swap out the Yokohamas for Hoosiers. I'll drive up to Sonoma and bring my street tire excuses with me.

(760)480.0227

1969 Camaro - always broken GM Design winner
1965 Mustang - widebody fastback
2006 Coyote swapped "Rental Car"

Up next:
Steve's GT40
Old 09-05-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@BOS View Post
I don't need to swap out the Yokohamas for Hoosiers. I'll drive up to Sonoma and bring my street tire excuses with me.
Probably best for his ego that he pulled the seat. It would be uncomfortable saying no to his ride along offer.

Ride along on aged street tires with a PDK at Sonoma FTW
Old 09-05-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
Once you beat me I'll promise to wear it.

Winning
Old 09-05-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@BOS View Post
Winning!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post

Winning
You want to go do Karate in the garage?.....

I've ridden with Rob, he drives like the Duke boys!
Got er did!