Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Where we are at with the PatriotDream.org Camaro

This is pretty cool. We're building a 69 Camaro to show our appreciation for serving our country. My bro-in-law is in the Army and is currently serving in Baghdad, Iraq. His mother, who he lost a few years back, used to own a 69 Camaro. He always talked about wanting to get a Camaro like his mom's old car.

So we've decided to build him one and surprise him with it when he gets back.

We are still searching for the car, haven't found a good one yet for a decent price. We're trying to find one that doesn't need too much body work, as we have a local guy donating the body work.

It really is amazing how people have come together for this project! A few sponsors of this site have offered parts and services, once we get all the details ironed out I'll post pics and all that good stuff.

I just hope I can find a car soon. Seems like everything around here is ungodly priced.

To follow along with the project, check out http://www.patriotdream.org or check my posts here. Undercover Innovations and G-Machines Racing have already helped out with some donations, and other companies have showed interest, so this is going to be an amazing vehicle!

If anyone is interested in helping out, just give me a shout or email me through the webpage.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 AM
Supporting Member

You're good people. Sounds like a fun project. Good luck with it.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 AM

Thanks man, it is amazing how companies have been stepping up to help out!

POR-15 even offered a 5% discount and a 10% donation to PatriotDream.org to anyone who goes to http://www.stoprust.net and used the promo code patriotdream

NPD also offered up some parts, but wants to wait till we get the car to see what we need.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Thumbs up

thoughtful!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 PM

old pictures removed

Last edited by Birdman; 09-28-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:21 PM

We will be taking everyone who donates at least $5 to PatriotDream.org and putting their name, or if they wish, someone else's name in honor or memory of them.

We will be taking all of the names and printing them out of card stock and having two sets made. One set will be presented to Shawn when we give the car to him, and the other set will be placed under the back seat of the Camaro so it will forever be a part of the car.

We have a line on a car, but we are short on funds. If you can spare anything, please let us know. Funds can be sent to [email protected] and be sure to note what name(s) you would like to have printed on the card.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Default The almost-final design of the PatriotDream.org Camaro

OK, here's what we're gonna do with the Camaro we're building for Shawn.

We talked with his dad and found out the car was a 67 Camaro with a 327 and a 4-spd. It was red with some 80's fab black stripes. Shawn knows the difference between a 67-68 and a 69, so we're definitely going with a 67-68 now. I'd prefer a 68 because I like that it has side markers and no vent windows.

So we're gonna build a 68 Camaro, red, with some form of factory Camaro stripe in white. RS hidden headlights, factory spoilers. (some exterior trim and rust-proofing paint thanks to POR-15) We'll have a final decision on the design soon, Hermance Design has graciously donated some design ideas and rendering!

Black interior (seat covers thanks to TA Specialties)

Late model 327 (Gen III 5.3L) donated by Strictly Performance, built by Handcrafted Racing, and wiring and computer by Painless Performance. Show cover thanks to Undercover Innovations.

6-spd transmission, pedal covers thanks to Modo Innovations

Coilover shocks, tubular a-arms, SFCs, (some suspension thanks to G-Machine Racing) and a killer stereo system.

The wheels we have not decided on yet, but I'm thinking a good 17" with a retro vibe. Something good and tasteful.

What my goal is is a good looking, stock appearing car that will be fast and reliable and handle what he wants to throw at it.

Our immediate needs (other than a 68 Camaro!) are an LS1/LS1/5.3L intake, fuel rails, injectors, valve covers, coil packs, plug wires, timing chain, and any thing else like accessory brackets and such. We have the shortblock and heads, but we need everything else to make it work in the car. Condition does not matter, as long as it isn't broken. I am planning on powdercoating everything anyway.
8)

We also need a 6-spd, swap parts, and pretty much anything you might have or think we need.

Thank you all SO MUCH for helping this become a reality. People have graciously donated a lot of money, and a TON of parts and it makes me so happy to see you guys help out to show a deserving serviceman how much you appreciate what he does for every one of us. 8)
Old 06-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Sounds like a great project for a good guy. Twist will be happy to donate some core support bars and a cowl induction billet trim plate.

Ridetech.com
Old 06-11-2007, 06:26 AM

Thank you SO much! I sent you a PM!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Got it. Trim plates will be done next week.

Ridetech.com