Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 04-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Great weekend at Thunderhill ---- cars ran and worked fantastically well..... for whatever reason -- I was hauling the mail this weekend. Stuff was just clicking for me.

Got the shop (track side space) going a bit with tool box and compressor and a couple of racks to hold stuff.....

Got to hang with Nate a bit - always fun! The 12 hour drive home (750 miles) always sucks - and knowing I'm turning around and doing it again in a couple weeks didn't add to that "joy".... it's just the price you pay for having fun.

Wish more people from here joined in the fun == but oh well.....
Old 04-24-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

All you had to do was ask....

Glad to hear the cars were working well, did you run the 06? Thoughts on that? The 750 mile drive sure beats the alternative, no bad days buddy!

Old 04-24-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I was there with ya in spirit...if that counts any.

I did get my junk back out on a track last Thursday night, nothing like the thrill...it never gets old.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
I was there with ya in spirit...if that counts any.

I did get my junk back out on a track last Thursday night, nothing like the thrill...it never gets old.
Thanks! And FACT!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:16 PM

I had a killer time when i went, one of the best weekends of my life. Ya, three years ago. I wish i could just be satisified wth the fricken car but i got addicted to the js class. Butt, the big butt, i'ma gonna quote the govenator and say "i'll be back...".

Anyways, glad you guys had a great time.

Nate, i need to see your stang. hmmmmmm...
Old 04-25-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
I had a killer time when i went, one of the best weekends of my life. Ya, three years ago. I wish i could just be satisified wth the fricken car but i got addicted to the js class. Butt, the big butt, i'ma gonna quote the govenator and say "i'll be back...".

Anyways, glad you guys had a great time.

Nate, i need to see your stang. hmmmmmm...

Just buy it -- it's a great car and runs HARD...... slam some Hoosiers on it -- do some big bearings and a full floater rear end..... and track the crap out of it.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 AM

It was a great weekend, until the motor let go on Sunday... I've got video chasing down a new Z06 that was fun! I'll post some later.

Good seeing everyone this weekend!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Great weekend at Thunderhill ---- cars ran and worked fantastically well..... for whatever reason -- I was hauling the mail this weekend. Stuff was just clicking for me.

Got the shop (track side space) going a bit with tool box and compressor and a couple of racks to hold stuff.....

Got to hang with Nate a bit - always fun! The 12 hour drive home (750 miles) always sucks - and knowing I'm turning around and doing it again in a couple weeks didn't add to that "joy".... it's just the price you pay for having fun.

ride home solo? if so you are getting stronger and that's a great thing. Thunder hill is on my bucket list of tracks to run, the generous run offs looks newbie friendly. Make sure you or sieg take some pics of the short bus butt heads for the next go around

try2paz sorry to hear about the motor- hope you get it straightened out
Old 04-26-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ns RS View Post
ride home solo? if so you are getting stronger and that's a great thing. Thunder hill is on my bucket list of tracks to run, the generous run offs looks newbie friendly. Make sure you or sieg take some pics of the short bus butt heads for the next go around

try2paz sorry to hear about the motor- hope you get it straightened out

Nope --- took a buddy... for no other reason than he just got out of rehab -- and I have 32 YEARS of rehab.... so figured with him trapped in the car for hours on end it would be a good chance to discuss "life".... and how good it CAN BE. Was a good trip that included A LOT of driving.... some gun stuff (dropped off TWO HK VP9's at Grayguns in Spray, Oregon).... lots of winding roads... lots of shopping.... lots of "put your back in to it" (heavy stuff)... and it got him out of small town Eye De Ho....

NATE will show he's smart when he drops an LS 525hp Circle Track GM crate motor in the Found On Road Dead.... or he calls Ron Sutton and orders a motor from him.... EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA
Old 05-16-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Nope --- took a buddy... for no other reason than he just got out of rehab -- and I have 32 YEARS of rehab.... so figured with him trapped in the car for hours on end it would be a good chance to discuss "life".... and how good it CAN BE. Was a good trip that included A LOT of driving.... some gun stuff (dropped off TWO HK VP9's at Grayguns in Spray, Oregon).... lots of winding roads... lots of shopping.... lots of "put your back in to it" (heavy stuff)... and it got him out of small town Eye De Ho....

NATE will show he's smart when he drops an LS 525hp Circle Track GM crate motor in the Found On Road Dead.... or he calls Ron Sutton and orders a motor from him.... EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

well amigo sounds like you are back in the swing of things - your buddy trapped in the car with you for hours poor guy! - ha though its nice to share some time with like minded butthead(s)

heard of bruces work with sigs - getting trigger job on the HKs?

- speaking of which expect some pics of the on track off track shenanigans to come.

- funny on your motor suggestion for nate - I'm stuck between going b*lls out on a motor for the 69 or just leaving it alone and go buy a c5z instead. Not necessarily a new idea but i'd be less heartbroken crashing it (on track -an eventuality) than the 69 lol