Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
My greatest regret in all of this - in hindsight - is that I just didn’t pull the “date” for the car to be built - and insist you guys build it in the first place. It would ultimately have been done “sooner” than what this weekends date was!! And I might possibly have had a chance to wheel this biotch myself. Hindsight is always 20/20

Our personal friendship over the years - which outsiders may not understand - has meant the world to me - and to be able to watch the growth and success for all involved in Speedtech Performance has just been outstanding. I’m so proud of you!!

Many don’t know that Blake and I have just been hot rod buddies for quite a few years — but I’ve never spent $1 with the company. For no reason than the cars I’ve been building don’t use these kinds of parts. I have tried to be there for business discussions = as a friend to good friend.

Love you buddy - and forever in your debt!

What you and Anita meant to this weekend is unspeakable.... being there - thrashing on the car - cooking meals - hanging with everyone and seeing your effort wail on some pesky Miatas *LOL* - a 24 hour round trip drive on top of that!!!

NOW — Get that drag car out and give ME a weekend to come see YOU run that bad boy!!

Thank you Greg!!
September 6-8 Las Vegas Motor Speedway, we will just rent a BIGGER RV!!
Old 06-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Hey Ron Sutton — if you’re lurking — SUCK IT!!

NOBODY NEEDS YOU!

Last edited by GregWeld; 06-18-2019 at 03:37 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
FETorino (06-18-2019), jarhead (06-20-2019), Roscoe03 (06-19-2019), waynieZ (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 05:32 PM

I see what you mean about traffic, wow. That speedometer climbs like a tach. The shifts with this trans is so quick. This thing screams!

GregWeld (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
I see what you mean about traffic, wow. That speedometer climbs like a tach. The shifts with this trans is so quick. This thing screams!
Kurt Urban at Scoggins Dickey Race Shop knows how to build a motor —- SUTTON DOES NOT.....

The tranny in this car was the reason the car started in the first place —- I had three track cars — vintage Old Yeller - The Lotus - The big wing ‘07 car —- I wanted more tire - a little bit more motor - and a sequential. Rather than rebuilding and modifying one that I had - seemed like a good idea to just build a whole new car from scratch...... ENTER MUTTONHEAD — F’d it all up....

He thought he was the only one that knew anything about building a car —- I got news for ya — ain’t my first rodeo — and I have lots and lots of great people I can lean on for support..... nobody needs this ahole fake.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Hey Ron Sutton — if you’re lurking — SUCK IT!!

NOBODY NEEDS YOU!

It was like everybody else was on the pace lap. Damn that thing gets it! Hey, it was only one redo. Not bad for this board. HA

Leave you know who in the past, right where he belongs. No regrets, my friend.
OLDFLM (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 09:05 AM

When the "rough" tuning is complete and it's in the fine tuning phases this car should open a more than a few experienced eyes at the track.

Darrell's experience and ability to adapt and drive around a less than ideal set up is very impressive. He was forced to be feathering throttle off most the critical fast apexes to maintain front grip, when they get the front gripping look out!

Besides being a talented driver, Darrell's willingness to let a bunch of unknow outsiders freely use his shop and tools and him lending all his time for the "cause" was genuinely impressive.

He went above and beyond every minute of every day, an absolute class act, always polite and curteous with a great personality and sense of humor. I left with a huge amount of respect for this man that I only met on Thursday evening.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sieg For This Useful Post:
69hugger (06-19-2019), Che70velle (06-20-2019), Goosesdad (06-19-2019), GregWeld (06-19-2019), jarhead (06-20-2019), Sonar Chief (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 09:46 AM

Happy to see this car out and about and KILLING it!

Kudos to you and all the parties involved making the resurrection a success.
1969 Mach 1 Fastback | New Project
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBronco For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post

When the "rough" tuning is complete and it's in the fine tuning phases this car should open a more than a few experienced eyes at the track.

Darrell's experience and ability to adapt and drive around a less than ideal set up is very impressive. He was forced to be feathering throttle off most the critical fast apexes to maintain front grip, when they get the front gripping look out!

Besides being a talented driver, Darrell's willingness to let a bunch of unknow outsiders freely use his shop and tools and him lending all his time for the "cause" was genuinely impressive.

He went above and beyond every minute of every day, an absolute class act, always polite and curteous with a great personality and sense of humor. I left with a huge amount of respect for this man that I only met on Thursday evening.
Agreed I pulled up in a rented motorhome. He met me at the gate parked me right in front of his shop handed me a extension cord and a key to the shop never have i met him before talked on the phone 1 time. GREAT GUY for sure

Then SIEG showed up, so i packed up and ............. lol JK buddy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blake Foster For This Useful Post:
Flash68 (06-20-2019), Sieg (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post

THIS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (06-19-2019), Sieg (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:20 PM

The car is basically a Trans AM car without the rules..... fast lap for TransAM this weekend was a 1.38.5 ==== we can get there, I think.

The beauty of it — NO SAUCE REQUIRED. It’s a simple 3 link rear - wide stance - great shocks (JRi’s).... there’s nothing magic - nothing secret - The Kurt Urban lawn mower motor is absolutely STELLAR — again — no sauce... but a real actual motor builder that knows a thing or two.

What held it back??? Two last Sutton items - the pushy locker - and his too heavy of front bar. Ditching that as we speak.

Lawns will be getting shorter.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
camcojb (06-19-2019), Che70velle (06-20-2019), FETorino (06-19-2019), fleetus macmullitz (06-19-2019), Paraman1 (06-22-2019), Sieg (06-19-2019)