Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2018, 01:16 AM

Default Delete post Pleae

I've always wanted to start a build/project thread but I normally do not take photos while I'm working on cars until now.

I have a history with go fast parts with my later model Camaro and Corvette. I have for the most part always tried to do all modifications/repairs myself with an exception to tuning and some bodywork. I sold both my Camaro and Corvette when our little one was born, too little time for both at the time.

About a year ago my wife said I should get a hobby so I started shopping around for a cool car and saw lots of first gen pro-touring style cars with late model engines and it caught my attention. I built my previous 96 Camaro over a 10 year span then sold it so I could get a Corvette. The Corvette was already built so there was not much fun and satisfaction with it and I ended up selling it, plus you cannot fit 3 people in it. So about 6 months ago I purchased my 68 Camaro with a "rust free" body to start building what I like.

My goal is to make this car something fun to drive, dependable and just cool. Kind of hard to make it unique since its a first gen Camaro but I'll try with the drivetrain. The car will mostly just be for driving around and possibly autocross events if I work up the courage. I'll probably take it to the 1/4 track a few times as well.

Below is a photo of the car when I got it. It's a BBC with a 700r4 and 9". The 9" is narrowed but the wheel backspacing is short so they stick out strange, I'll correct this soon. Mirrors are a little off too.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]

Last edited by jasonz28camaro; 10-01-2018 at 02:54 AM.