Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Which one should I get?
Xbox 27 48.21%
PS3 29 51.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM

PS3 does have GT5...but if you like customizing stuff as I do get a 360 and wait for forza 4! I have both though and PS3 I think is the better console.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:38 PM

I own both and have only played one game on the ps3. It's my blu-ray player, that's it. I do like it but all the games I like are either only on the 360 or on both so I just play them on my 360. I do hate how you have to install the games before you can play them on the ps3. It is slower and louder than my xbox. Demos take longer to download. The live arcade games are a cool bonus on the xbox and most have a free trial option. Movies do look a whole lot better on the ps3 though. The controller is lighter and is exactly like the ps2 controller as far as layout. But if I play my xbox and then play the ps3 I don't like how small the controller is compared to the xbox. And I would say I have average sized hands. Some of the guys I played football with hate the ps3 cause the controller is too small for them. Just something else to consider.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 PM

I'm a COD Black OP's guy and GOW player so for me I dig the 360 but I have heard good tings about the PS3 I am not into Blu-Ray so that was not appealing to me.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I have both and have had them since they released,If your a gamer go with the 360.You have to pay for xbox live but it's worth it online play is so much much better than the PS network.If you are a casual gamer and want a blu ray player go with the PS3.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

I'll stick to my PSX
Old 03-24-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny51 View Post
I have both and have had them since they released,If your a gamer go with the 360.You have to pay for xbox live but it's worth it online play is so much much better than the PS network.If you are a casual gamer and want a blu ray player go with the PS3.
i disagree. The PSN is by far superior to XBL. You dont have to pay monthly for it, unless you upgrade to a premium, which is still cheaper than XBL for a subscription. i am a dedicated gamer and the 360 is waaaay more casual than the PS3. Check out Demons Souls if you have a ps3...hardcore action/rpg right there. the blu-ray and all the awesome media features are really handy. as well as streaming netflicks is tight

both are good consoles...but you get more bang for your buck with the PS3
Old 04-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird Kid View Post
i disagree. The PSN is by far superior to XBL. You dont have to pay monthly for it, unless you upgrade to a premium, which is still cheaper than XBL for a subscription. i am a dedicated gamer and the 360 is waaaay more casual than the PS3. Check out Demons Souls if you have a ps3...hardcore action/rpg right there. the blu-ray and all the awesome media features are really handy. as well as streaming netflicks is tight

both are good consoles...but you get more bang for your buck with the PS3
I have had several games on both consoles and my exp. I always get a bit more lag on my Ps3.I disagree with the fact that xbox is way more casual.I guess it just depends on what games u end up in.Having said that I have fun on both consoles and im currently playing KZ3 on my PS3.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:33 AM

yeah i see your point. there are a lot of different variables like your choice of games and such that ultimately decide which console someone would buy. KZ3 is amazing though! KZ3=Winning
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Since you're buying one now, I voted for PS3. I had one of the first gen or whatever they were called and I suffered the blinking red light of death and of course Sony didn't really give a ****. That seems to be typical of most anything we buy today. We sent it to someone who could fix them, and they did, and in 3 months it was dead again. We haven't had the new one long enough for me to tell you it's better but so far so good. I know Xbox had their own version of some kind of death but just the fact that it's a microsoft product is good enough reason for me to avoid it and their monopoly.
My guess would be that you'll be happy with either one but now that games are "exclusive" it's worth looking into games coming in the near future and chances are there will be an awesome game coming out that isn't on whichever console you choose.