Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 06-14-2013, 11:09 AM

Default 1969 Pro street camaro project

So this will be the second pro street first gen I have owned. The first one only lasted a few months before I traded it for a tempest. I love both the old school look of the pro street cars and the newer pro touring cars so I want to build something in the middle. I dont like the look of many of the modern pro street cars with the 20 inch rear wheels and I have never seen what I am thinking about doing. I want to make the car a driver I could take to the office if I wanted or hell even cruise to Houston or Dallas. I ordered a ridetech shockwave front end for the car this week so I can try to figure out how I want to make this thing sit. I will be going shockwaves in the rear as well. Like many of the pro street cars it looks like a few people have had their hands on it over the years and the backhalf work could be better. Im debating on just biting the bullet and cutting it out and starting over with a kit from chassis works but hell if I am going to cut it all out what else should I change? Im thinking I want to run a 31x17 rear tire on a 15 inch wheel and weld makes a matching 17 inch front wheel. This all sounds good in my head but Im not sure how that would look in actuality. Thoughts? Another thought is if I am going to go through cutting all of this rear end out why not do a smaller tire and more modern 4 link? Has anyone ever taken a back halfed car back to something even close to stock? How much of a pain in the rear would it be? At any rate I dont expect the project to happen too fast.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned

Fun project. Always better to do it right if you can afford it.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 PM

Maybe you can get someone to photoshop the wheels on?

I would try but my photoshop expired