Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 01-04-2014, 07:47 PM

Very nice place Greg! I love the design, however the term "garage mahal" has already been taken. I've been inside the original one, and it is epic! Every auto builders dream garage, for sure!
Don't blame you for wanting the hauler inside. I was never able to get my race hauler in the shop, so the cold and "unuse" during the off season was problematic.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Very nice place Greg! I love the design, however the term "garage mahal" has already been taken. I've been inside the original one, and it is epic! Every auto builders dream garage, for sure!
Don't blame you for wanting the hauler inside. I was never able to get my race hauler in the shop, so the cold and "unuse" during the off season was problematic.

Yeah - the builders and architect started calling it that making fun of me....

The problem here is temperature -- right now it's 21* and was 5* when I got up this morning... these are NORMAL temps here.... and the toter home has living quarters -- meaning water and water storage and food etc. And I often use the trailer for the two track cars to get them out of the way -- they don't run antifreeze because a leak on track is too slick... so that's a problem if left outside in the trailer.

You also can't wash stuff outside here in these temps! So if I head out in winter -- I want to be able to clean stuff up!

Last winter the lot had 5 to 6' feet of snow --- I don't want that on the truck and trailer and then want to load up and go somewhere "warm"...

The hillside lends itself to this kind of dig for the shop --- it's just a deeper foundation.

Basically I can just blame Lillard for all the issues in my life.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:44 PM

Default Greg Welds Shop

Greg
Great layout. Shop is important but you
have to keep the little lady happy

I tried for years to get my wife to move to
a more rural area but she put her foot down

So we bought a bldg 10 minutes from home

My home away from home
I would live there if I wasn't married

Keep us posted on the build
Looks like fun

Panteracer NorCal Bob
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteracer View Post
Greg
Great layout. Shop is important but you
have to keep the little lady happy

I tried for years to get my wife to move to
a more rural area but she put her foot down

So we bought a bldg 10 minutes from home

My home away from home
I would live there if I wasn't married

Keep us posted on the build
Looks like fun

Panteracer NorCal Bob

Bob ---

It was Gwen that found the lot and told me we were building a house there and moving. She's happy.

I don't care where I live -- I can load up my semi full of stuff and hit the road. But we both love it here.

She used to threaten and tell me she was going to move me down to the 'shed' --- I was always hoping she'd carry through!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Momma happy everyone happy.

Very nice Greg. I need to get there one if these days

Looks relaxing and very scenic.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 AM

Stuart....

One of the biggest attractions for US ---- is that people WANT to come here. You want to ski? Let's go skiing.... you want to fish...(fly)... there's 1400 lakes and a half a zillion creeks.... You want to Mountain bike? There's ten gazillion miles of single track trails and only 2 gazillon miles of flat double wide... You want to Golf?? I live on a 27 hole golf course (Trail Creek and White Clouds - you can mix and match your 9's)... You want to hike? OMG... step off the patio and head out. Valley View trail cuts a corner off the property. See ya when you get back... or I'll meet you in town at the Starbucks (my buddy Rizzo owns it - one of 6 privately owned in the country).

We are building the house with KIDS -- and ACTIVITY -- and long term (meaning more than a weekend) guests, in mind. We have a spare set of wheels (if you don't mind driving a new Land Rover)... TOWN is 2.2 flat miles of beautiful walking on a combo bike pedestrian path. The golf lodge is across the street -- and the Sun Valley Lodge and "mall" is half a mile. Galena lodge is 23 miles up the road and has fantastic snowshoe trails from beginner to expert...
Jackson Hole is a 4 hour drive... Salt Lake City is 4 1/2 hours.... Boise is 2 1/2 hours.... and Thunderhill is 10 in the rig... Same as from Seattle... only a prettier drive. The Costco is in Twin Falls -- 2 hours straight down the hi way - you don't turn the wheel or touch the brakes... and really? How often do you go? It's an adventure. Oh - almost next door is the Freightliner dealer where I get the rig serviced. Last time I went down - we took the Range - and while the rig got serviced we did Costco and Home Depot and all the "city crap".

And all winter long you'll wake up to bluebird skies and a view of the mountain that will draw you in like a moth to a flame... Oh -- it's 5* this morning -- but hey! It's a DRY cold! LOL
Old 01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Greg, that's awesome.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:04 AM

Are you taking reservations yet, GW? The wagon is all packed...

Jeff-
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
Are you taking reservations yet, GW? The wagon is all packed...

Jeff-

Give me two years.... 18 months from this "spring" should we have one..... until then -- I'm "camping" in the 1200 sq ft condo from hell...

After that! BRING IT ON!

I'm serious when I say the entire thought process of this house has been with the thought of tons of people in a continuos stream.

That's why Charley's room is completely separate from anywhere kids might inhabit.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:56 AM

18 months is perfect. By then, maybe Rob will have the Torino done. Of course I have no room to talk, as I haven't touched mine in 3 months due to my workload, but I did get a bunch of fancy new parts for christmas.
Wait a minute...is that garage big enough for a Torino, and my Chevelle?
Can I bring my dog?
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!