Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2016, 12:08 PM

Default Is it SAE 30R10 Rating?? Need help please

I have an aeromotive stealth fuel tank installed on my 68 camaro and have recently experienced fuel pressure issues. Fuel pressure drops to zero once the engine is turned off. Also, while accelerating, the engine stalls and the fuel pump does not hold pressure at all. So I decided to drop the tank and pulled the fuel pump assembly. I noticed that the hose (5/16") connecting fuel pump to the outlet port has a crack in it.

I believe the cracked hose is the culprit causing fuel pressure loss. I have a brand new aeromotive fuel pump kit (part no 11540) which came with a 5/16" hose. Just wondering if the hose supplied in the kit is a submersible fuel hose ( SAE 30R10) rating as there is nothing printed on the hose.

Will appreciate your input guys
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s
Old 10-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Supporting Vendor

Yes, all Aeromotive in-tank pump kits include submersible hose. Sounds like your hose may be a problem though since it cracked! Just get some Gates submersible and be done

I encountered a cheap ebay "walbro" pump kit last year that did not have submersible hose, and it swelled up and fell apart fairly quickly, giving little to no fuel pressure at the rail. Drove me nuts diagnosing it.

-Dale
GMachineChassis.com
LSxEngines.com
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Old 10-28-2016, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz Perf View Post
Yes, all Aeromotive in-tank pump kits include submersible hose. Sounds like your hose may be a problem though since it cracked! Just get some Gates submersible and be done

I encountered a cheap ebay "walbro" pump kit last year that did not have submersible hose, and it swelled up and fell apart fairly quickly, giving little to no fuel pressure at the rail. Drove me nuts diagnosing it.

-Dale
Thank you Dale for the input. I installed the aeromotive stealth fuel tank in 2013. As you know it is the fuel tank from (Tanks inc) but had the aeromotive Billet Cap and aeromotive fuel pump assembled by Aeromotive. I assume the hose used in Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Tank is not compliant to SAE 30R10 rating, as a result of which the hose swelled and cracked.

Since I have a new aeromotive pump kit, I guess I can just use the hose supplied with the kit and hook it to the old pump.
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s